• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Scenery conflict after 1.17.3.0 update - Landmarks

Country
sweden
Ive got two Landmark items at the same location after the latest update - its the bridge between Denmark and Sweden- it was first implemented by FlyTampa´s EKCH excellent airport scenery but now also added via the new landmark Nordic update with the result that I have two (2) bridges on top of eachother- is there a way to eliminate one of them ( they both have an excellent looking)? I do not want to uninstall the airport for instance.

Akki

Country
italy
This should be up to FlyTampa, i pretty sure that if you contact them they Will provide a fix really fast, since to them is a pretty Easy task.
If you want to do that by yourself,
You can exclude "others" scenery objects with an exclusion rectangle with Libraryobject option selected
Make sure that your exclusion scenery
-is compiled
- Is in the community dir
- Is loaded AFTER default one and BEFORE Fly Tampa's, basically, all packages are loaded alphabetically or by Content.xml file (located in C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
This is the biggest problem, the bridge you want to exluce is in the
"microsoft-nordic-point-of-interest", so you want your exclude scenery being loaded after that

from sdk docs:
IMPORTANT! This object will not exclude anything from the current package being edited. It is only valid for removing things from a previously loaded package, and is dependent on the package load order. So, packages loaded after the package with the exclusion rectangle will be rendered as normal, and packages loaded before the package with the exclusion rectangle will have elements excluded.

Since i don't own that scene I can't know Fly Tampa's dir structure,

Attached you can find the exclusion for Msfs poi, if flytampas scenery is loaded AFTER, than you will see their bridge, otherwise both will be excluded
if is not clear if changing order in Content.xml is enough or also the naming of the packages / bgl is important, will investigate further!

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

Attachments

• mybridge-exc.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Country
sweden
Great thanks for this comprehensive explanation, I will try to contact FlyTampa. I am not able to localize the bgl behind the bridge so this will be my solution. Thanks,

Akki

Country
sweden
A fix is provided through an update however need to be handled by Microsoft/Asobo market place first.

Country
italy
A fix is provided through an update however need to be handled by Microsoft/Asobo market place first.
So this was FlyTampa support? -.-
i recompiled again, givin it a higher priority (alphabetically)
you can use this to exlude Ms POI bridge

also...you need to make sure the the nordics package is loaded BEFORE mine and BEFORE Fly Tampas,
you can check loading order in your content .xml, shoul be like this, if you install the nordics package after Fly Tampa, you must put it ABOVE it like the following
You can of course safely delete the Content.xml and reload, the sim will to the job for you
C:\Users\yourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml
Code:
<Package name="microsoft-france-benelux-point-of-interest" active="true"/>
    <Package name="microsoft-japan-point-of-interest" active="true"/>
    <Package name="microsoft-nordic-point-of-interest" active="true"/>   <!-- this is where the brigde is -->
    <Package name="microsoft-uk-point-of-interest" active="true"/>
    <Package name="microsoft-usa-point-of-interest" active="true"/>
................. <!-- below this is you community folder --!>
    <Package name="a-mamudesign-projectlifts" active="true"/>
    <Package name="a-puf-we-love-vfr-region1" active="true"/>
    <Package name="a-puf-we-love-vfr-region2" active="true"/>
    <Package name="amybridge-exc" active="true"/> <!-- my fix goes pretty much here -->
     <Package name="whatever-name-flytampa-has" active="true"/> <!-- must be below my fix -->

Attachments

• amybridge-exc.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 18
Country
sweden
Great thanks! Works perfectly! Finally when understanding the Content folder I got it right.

Attachments

• Öresundsbron.JPG
    Öresundsbron.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 25
  • Öresundsbron2.JPG
    Öresundsbron2.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 21