• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Scenery Object Bank

Country
us-wisconsin
Okay, so I place the object with XML, it shows up, no issue there.

I adjust the bank value and it does NOTHING to the model. Is this an FS bug or is there something else I can do to override it so the model is actually "laying on its side"?

Thanks!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I believe this is a bug indeed, I have heard about it before. Can't remember if that was FS2004 or FSX though.

Country
us-wisconsin
FSX, but thanks Arno. Any ideas as to a work-around short of compiling a new model "sideways"?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I can't think of a work-around, except changing the actual model.

Country
unitedstates
FSX MDL files don't honor the Pitch or Bank setting, but FS9 MDL files do while in FSX.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
It would be worth a test, but is it the FS2004 BGLComp that reads these parameters or the MDL file that matters? I would expect it is the compiler, so then it would be possible to call FSX object from FS2004 BGLComp compiled placement file.

Country
unitedstates
From what I can recall, the XML code can contain the parameters for the FSX MDL file, but it is not honored by the sim itself. Which follows a trend in FSX, where certain functions from FS9 still work, but the new coding for FSX specific functions never got finished, or started, if that be the case. As you would know, it appears that FSX had greater potential than what it was shipped with, but time ran out for the ACES team.