• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Scenproc error with 3d buildings

Country
spain
Hello, Arno. First of all, thanks a lot for Scenproc!. What a piece of code!. However, I've been testing the create 3D buildings functionality and found some problems, probably because of myself. I'm trying to create 3d buildings from footprints included in one shapefile (tmp_edificios_999.shp) which has WGS84 spatial reference. I simplified the script as much as possible to have a good control of the process, and only left the three mandatory steps: ImportOGR, Create3DBuildings and ExportBGL:

ImportOGR|d:\SIG\autogen_espana\pruebas\tmp_edificios_999.shp|*|*|NOREPROJ
Create3DBuilding|TIPOEDIF=999|6|0|FLAT|0|NONE
ExportBGL|P3D v4|Buildings|d:\SIG\autogen_espana\pruebas

Every time I run this script Scenproc throw an error with each processed entity:

Warning Error, skipping footprint (Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.)

Translated from spanish:

Warning Error, skipping footprint (Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.)

The result is always zero entities created.

I've been trying the script with Scenproc 3.0 final version and with the latest Scenproc 3.1 Development Release, with the same result. I even was testing the script with simplest footprints (in fact, just rectangles and squares stored in another shapefile named tmp_edificios_Tipo1.shp and extracted with Scenproc) with no luck. As I have spanish regional settings I also modified the configuration of my computer to be able to run BGLcomp, but I don't know what else I can do. I searched this forum and I only found one error more or less similar, which finally was related with the base altitudes of the buildings. Do you think this error could also be related with this issue?.

Attached to this post you can find the script (script_crea3dbuild.spc), the original data (shapefiles including both complex and simple entities, compressed into two zip files) and the error log (error_log.txt), if you want to try them in your system for testing purposes. The script makes reference to the shapefile with simplest footprints, and the error log is the result of this processing.

Thanks beforehand and best regards.

Luis

Attachments

• buildings_complex.zip
    73.8 KB · Views: 9
  • buildings_simple.zip
    142 KB · Views: 8
  • error_log.txt
    150.1 KB · Views: 9
  • script_crea3dbuild.zip
    300 bytes · Views: 10

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation. At first sight your script looks OK. Sometimes you get such warnings when the footprint is too complex and a roof can not be calculated. But that is usually with peaked and not with flat roofs. So I'll have to check this issue with the files you attached. I'll let you know what I find later.

Country
spain
Hello, Arno and welcome. No problem, take your time. Just a tip: the footprints posted came from the official cartography of Spain, so I've tested the script with my own buildings but the error remain the same.

Luis

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I can confirm it was a bug. Recently I had not tested the untextured mode of the Create3DBuildings step and it turned out some logic in the step used the texture definition that is not present for untextured buildings. It will be fixed in the next release.

Country
spain
Hello, Arno. I did some tests with the new Scenproc development version and the problem regarding Object Reference, etc. is gone. Thanks a lot.

Luis