• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 ScenProc First Pass!

Country
us-texas
Well....not dissapointed at all. Test area came out pretty good, just a **load of buildings. :)

Have to play with scenproc filtering paremeters some. But I got this. Even custom textures showed!

Thanks Arno for another great tool!

AGN_PSE.jpg

AGN_PSE2.jpg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi pinkjr,
I cannot remember how to make a custom texture for autogen. I wonder how to control all the roof color to be almost the same. I used to do it in FS9 but if it is the same in FSX/P3d?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Roofs are different in FSX, they don't come from the agn building texture anymore. Roofs are seperate models with their own textures. You can customize them via the materials.spb file.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Thanks for the information, Arno.
Would you mind where I can read the material.spb file set up for autogen?
I think I don't need a new custom made one, just to control the color of the roof.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
To use different textures for your addon you would have to make custom definitions. Or else you can replace the global texture of course.

Country
us-texas
I created a custom texture sheet and I think I added a code using scenproc to force use it. All my buildings are stock.

David

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
For the roofs or for the walls? For the walls you can do it via the SetAgnBuildingTexture step in scenProc indeed. But to change the roof textures you need to modify the materials and roofdefinition SPB files.

Country
us-texas
For the roofs or for the walls? For the walls you can do it via the SetAgnBuildingTexture step in scenProc indeed. But to change the roof textures you need to modify the materials and roofdefinition SPB files.

You are right Arno, I did that for the walls. For the roofs I found the master roof texture for my region and I backed up the original one, and created a new one.....which obviously affects roof textures for the whole region......but I was ok with that.

David

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I think it is probably better to use custom autogen both roof and wall. So, we can have the buildings that look like the real one and do not affect the entire region.

Country
us-texas
I think it is probably better to use custom autogen both roof and wall. So, we can have the buildings that look like the real one and do not affect the entire region.

I agree but it's kind of a pain because when you distribute your scenery, you have to provide the new library entries and they have to go on several specific folders. If you do custom installers I guess it's ok, but my sceneries are "manual installs" so I'm betting on my users to install incorrectly.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Actually with my Autogen Configuration Merger tool is not that hard. The library with your new roofs can just go in the scenery folder of your addon. And you add your custom definitions there as well, ACM will merge them for the end user. The only annoying bit is that the wall texture needs to go in the main texture folder, not in your local texture folder.

Country
moldova
Hello Arno. Hello guys.
I've tried to change autogen building texture trough your scenProc tool, and it works. Only thing i cannot change are the roofs textures.
But to change the roof textures you need to modify the materials and roofdefinition SPB files.
Can you explain a bit more in depth how can i do that?
Thank you!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

The roofs are different indeed. Either you globally replace their texture (it's a different texture sheet than the walls). Or you need to make new variations of the roofs, which is done in the autogen configuration files (roofdescriptions.spb).

Country
moldova
I got that. I just want to know if is there any tutorial, or maybe you can point me in the right direction on how to make those new variations of the roofs. Thx.