• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ScenProc for MSFS

Hi, Arno.

I find ScenProc very useful for MSFS too, as XML formats are almost the same. And if not, MSFS SDK would fix them, but that requires entering DevMode.
But ScenProc requires P3D or FSX SDK to be installed in the first place. This is not a big deal as those are distributed freely on the web...
But I would suggest for further developement to add native MSFS SDK support.

Thanks again for you great tools!.

Bar.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Adding support to export MSFS is on the wishlist. Although I am not 100% sure yet how to do so. For example I don't think the MSFS SDK is needed, scenProc would create the relevant XML files to put in a package externally. Where do you expect the MSFS SDK to be called by scenProc?

scenProc can be installed without any SDK on your system, there is no requirement to have the FSX or P3D SDK installed.

Hi,

Adding support to export MSFS is on the wishlist. Although I am not 100% sure yet how to do so. For example I don't think the MSFS SDK is needed, scenProc would create the relevant XML files to put in a package externally. Where do you expect the MSFS SDK to be called by scenProc?

scenProc can be installed without any SDK on your system, there is no requirement to have the FSX or P3D SDK installed.

My bad regarding the mandatory SDK installation, but to generate XML with KeepXML you have to use the CreateBGL function and that requires P3D/FSX SDK... Or maybe am I missing something?

Another thing that is require is SimObject XML format. It is quite similar to the old XML format but it uses the SimObject name instead of GUID. Like this:

<SceneryObject lat="32.59675862898780" lon="35.23402797008530" alt="0.00000000000000" pitch="0.000000" bank="0.000000" heading="26.000000" imageComplexity="VERY_SPARSE" altitudeIsAgl="TRUE" snapToGround="TRUE" snapToNormal="FALSE">
<SimObject containerTitle="LLMG_Coleman_Lantern" scale="1.000000"/>

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

You are right, the ExportBGL steps needs the SDK. I think there needs to be an ExportMSFS step or so.

I think library objects can still be placed with the guid as well, if they come from a library bgl. In which situation would you use the simobject?

Country
unitedstates
I wanted to use scenProc to take 1 object and build a Wall with it in MSFS.
Autogen wise with-it generating instances? instead of me re-using the same object loaded many times.

Hi,

You are right, the ExportBGL steps needs the SDK. I think there needs to be an ExportMSFS step or so.

I think library objects can still be placed with the guid as well, if they come from a library bgl. In which situation would you use the simobject?

I would use Simobjects for animated objects such as windmills. For large wind farm ScenProc would be perfect for example.

I would also add 3D Buildings for MSFS. I managed to do this for MSFS by batch converting the mdls to gltf with MCX. A direct step to MSFS would be perfect.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I would use Simobjects for animated objects such as windmills. For large wind farm ScenProc would be perfect for example.

I would also add 3D Buildings for MSFS. I managed to do this for MSFS by batch converting the mdls to gltf with MCX. A direct step to MSFS would be perfect.

OK, let me see if I can add the simobject option as well.

Yes, when MSFS export is there it will work for the 3D buildings as well. I have started coding on it yesterday.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I wanted to use scenProc to take 1 object and build a Wall with it in MSFS.
Autogen wise with-it generating instances? instead of me re-using the same object loaded many times.

scenProc can not make MSFS autogen, the new autogen format is not fully understood or supported.

You can xml place objects for MSFS. I don't know if MSFS uses instances for that or not. But placing the same library object should be relatively efficient.

Country
unitedstates
scenProc can not make MSFS autogen, the new autogen format is not fully understood or supported.

You can xml place objects for MSFS. I don't know if MSFS uses instances for that or not. But placing the same library object should be relatively efficient.
Thank you arno always. Yes, I basically made 1 object and using notepad++ replaced all code in xml with its GUID. Your tool is still fantastic to rip OpenStreetMap data and place it with coordinates. TY for this tool.