• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

scenProcWorker.exe has a license?

Recently I came across an app called Ortho4XP and someone has converted it to generate Hires scenery from Bing/Google maps for FSX.

I wanted to do a "Tile" near my home and succeeded except that there was no autogen.

So reading on I found out how to generate autogen using Ortho4xp and scenProc however the batch process failed for autogen on this command internally in Ortho4XP:

Running ScenProc... Run the below command on each file in this directory if you want to run scenProc manually:
C:\\FSX-SE\\_Utils\\scenProc\\scenProc.exe H:\Ortho4XP_v130-new\ScenProc_configs\default.spc /run H:\Ortho4XP_v130-new\OSM_data\-40+140\-39+146\scenproc_osm_data\scenproc_osm_data0_0.osm H:\Ortho4XP_v130-new\Orthophotos\-40+140\-39+146\BI_16\ADDON_SCENERY\texture

and sceneProc opens and :

3:39 PM scenProcGUI Error File not found or no access: H:\Ortho4XP_v130-new\ScenProc_configs\default.spc

default.spc is there so I don't know why scenProc cannot find/access it.
I am using the very latest DEV version of scenProc v3 dated 17/07/2020.

I was able to load the script into scenProcBatchRunner.exe and all the 16 .OSM files and after a little mod to change the last line of the script from:
EXPORTAGN|FSX|@1@

to:

EXPORTAGN|FSX|H:\Ortho4XP_v130FSX\Autogen

I found I had to add a "worker" first before clicking "Process Queue" and scenProcWorker ran and displayed :

scenProc Worker started on port 8001
[licensed to TRIAL until 19/07/2020]
Press any key to close the worker ...

and the .OSM files were processed one by one to create the .AGN files for autogen.

It all worked but I was wondering about the TRIAL as the manual says:

"Add worker
Add an additional worker to the scenProc Batch Runner.
More than one worker is only supported if you have a licensed version of the scenProc Batch
Runner. With multiple workers you can process the jobs more quickly, but more computer
resources are also used."

but no mention of how to get a license if anyone wanted one!

So I have 3 Q:
1. How does one go about getting a license
2. What is causing the error in scenProcBatch that it cannot find the .spc file
3. scenProc generated 3554 .agn files from 16 .osm files generated by Ortho4XP. Is that normal and can these files be combined or otherwise processed or the number reduced so that there is not so much disk access?

Thanks for the scenProc program. It works as advertised.

Attached is the script used to generate the autogen.

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

1. How does one go about getting a license
That message about a trial license was confusing indeed, I have removed it now. At the moment a license to run multiple workers at once is not publicly available. It's only available to the projects that helped me in developing scenProc. So there is no way (yet) to buy such a license. With the free version you can run one worker.

2. What is causing the error in scenProcBatch that it cannot find the .spc file
I assume you mean scenProc here and not scenProcBatchRunner? The error indicates that the file can't be found or that the tool has no access to the location. So I would double check the path, if it contains only spaces you need to add quotes around it as well.

3. scenProc generated 3554 .agn files from 16 .osm files generated by Ortho4XP. Is that normal and can these files be combined or otherwise processed or the number reduced so that there is not so much disk access?
That question is impossible to answer for me. How many files are made depends on the script, but also on the amount of data that is contained in each OSM file. So I think only the author of Ortho4XP can answer this question.

Arno
Thanks for your prompt reply.

1. Understood

2. Yes you are right, its scenProc not the Batch. There are no Spaces in the path as I posted earlier:
C:\\FSX-SE\\_Utils\\scenProc\\scenProc.exe H:\Ortho4XP_v130-new\ScenProc_configs\default.spc /run H:\Ortho4XP_v130-new\OSM_data\-40+140\-39+146\scenproc_osm_data\scenproc_osm_data0_0.osm H:\Ortho4XP_v130-new\Orthophotos\-40+140\-39+146\BI_16\ADDON_SCENERY\texture

And the file is there. I even set scenProc to run as Admin. So don't know why scenProc can't find it.

3. I have earlier attached the scenProc script that is run.
Attached now are 4 OSM files used by the script with scenProc. Hopefully this will give you some idea of why there are so many autogen files created and how to reduce the number of them.

I am not posting all the .OSM files as they come up to 13mb zipped and I am not sure if the forum will accept large files. I can post them all if you so desire.

Thanks.

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I tried here, but loading a script with the command line arguments works. Of course I don't have your exact installation to check.

Why do you think there are too many agn files? Each terrain tile will give you one agn file. So depending on the size of the area you are processing it is not weird to have thousands of agn files as output.

Ok here is my details of setup - latest DEV files downloaded

ScenProc x64- when I run I get in the top window - v3.0.0.0 rbaae997 DEV 17/07/2020
I am running it from - C:\FSX-SE\_Utils\scenProc-x64\

Note NO spaces in the folder trees.

I created folders D:\Downloads\ortho and D:\Downloads\ortho\autogen and copied the files attached below into that folder:
scenproc_osm_data0_0.osm - OSM data
default.spc - scenProc script - passed from the cmd line
defaultLoad.spc - scenProc script - loaded in at runtime with hard coded paths
CMD line.txt - I opened a CMD window and cd d:\downloads\ortho, copied and pasted and ran this command
log.txt - the logfile as below:

1:46 PM scenProcGUI Warning More batch variables provided than expected, only 1 will be used
1:46 PM SceneryProcessor Information Variable @0@ Value D:\Downloads\ortho\scenproc_osm_data0_0.osm
1:46 PM SceneryProcessor Information Variable @1@ Value D:\Downloads\ortho
1:46 PM SceneryProcessor Information scenProc finished processing
1:46 PM SceneryProcessor Information 0.00 seconds total

NO autogen files are created. The scenProc window flashes up and then closes

1. as you can see from the log.txt calling it from the cmd line does NOT work.
2. I also see this "More batch variables provided than expected, only 1 will be used". How can that be? Which is the extra batch variable?
3. Even if I run this without the /log parameter it still does not run.
4. From the log it IS accepting the 2 variables @0@ and @1@
5. But then it is doing nothing - just exiting.

Next I started up scenProc and loaded in a modified .spc file - defaultLoad.spc (attached)
This has hard coded paths for the @0@ and @1@ variables. Ran the script and same result. Nothing and no error!

Finally I started up the scenProcBatchRunner and loaded in the same script defaultLoad.spc, started a worker and ran the script. scenProcBatchRunner created 88 .AGN files so there is nothing wrong with the .OSM data nor the delaultLoad.spc files. It is something within scenProc, because scenProcBatchRunner is able to process the script and OSM data correctly.

Can you please check if you get the same errors with the attached script and OSM data?

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I tried to run the script here, but the default.spc script also does not run correctly inside scenProc. So I think there must be something in the script, let me check.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

The warning about the number of batch variables was a bug, that will be fixed in the next development release.

I also found out why your script does not work. It doesn't have the right end of line characters, it seems this file was maybe made on Linux or Mac, that is why scenProc doesn't parse it correctly.

"I also found out why your script does not work. It doesn't have the right end of line characters, it seems this file was maybe made on Linux or Mac, that is why scenProc doesn't parse it correctly. "

Yes. That is it. The Author uses Linux. I see what you mean. The file supplied uses 0A as the end of line but Windows notepad uses 0D+0A for EOL. I changed it and now the script ran.

Problems with this:

1. scenProcBatchRunner.exe processes the same .SPC [with 0A as EOL] and produces 88 .AGN files.

2. The .OSM data file ALSO has 0A as EOL and your code is able to parse that?

Yet the code that parses what is typed/loaded in the scenProc.exe window wants 0D0A as EOL?
Are you using different code to parse the .SPC files and the .OSM files? Isn't that a bug too?

I mean one section of the code is parsing EOL as 0A or 0A0D or 0D but another insists on 0A0D or 0D for EOL?

What I found is this:
1. scenProc can parse .OSM data where the EOL is 0A
2. scenProc cannot parse a .SPC script file where the EOL is 0A
3. scenProc can parse a .SPC script file where the EOL is 0D or 0A+0D
4. scenProc writes out to a .SPC script file and makes the EOL = 0D+0A
5. scenProcBatchRunner.exe can parse any file whether the EOL is 0A,0A+0D or 0D

I can easily fix the .spc file but it is better if your code can read both don't you think? It is already doing that with the OSM data file anyway.

I also found another bug

1. Start scenProc
2. Right click in the edit code (top) window.
3. Bang - exception
4. In fact any time you rt. click in this window you get this exception!

Hope this helps improving this fine program.
Thanks.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

The OSM files are read by the external Gdal library, so that's not my code.

The batch runner uses different logic to load the file, as the GUI loads it via the text editor control. I'll see if it is easy to support any line ending there, but on the other hand scenproc is for Windows only, so it is weird to use a non Windows line ending.

Cool. Anyway thanks for finding out the reason for the failure. It's easy enough to recreate that script with the correct line ending for windows and avoid these problems again.

Hopefully you will fix that right-click bug as I am used to rt.Click and paste rather than using ctrl+v.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I'll have a look at the right click issue. I always use the keyboard shortcuts myself :)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I have fixed the crash with the right click, but that doesn't give you a menu for copy/paste as that is not implemented in the text editor control that I use.

I also changed the parsing of the script from the GUI now, so that it works with the non-Windows end of line characters.

New development release with all these fixed will be online in about 15 minutes.

Fantastic. Am downloading it now.

No need to implement rt. click menu. Just that my habit of rt. click caused crash every time.