SDE 1.23 region code problem

I was using SDE 1.23 on an FS9 bglcomp airport, which contains an airport element and a VOR element. SDE did not decode the region code for the VOR. I then tried SDE on an NV9 file, and it did give region codes in some cases, but many times it did not. Same problem in default NVX files.

scott s.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
While since I looked at this Scott. I have a vague recollection about Region codes but cannot remember whhat it was :eek:. Maybe Jim can remember. Just to confirm are you saying that ADE reads some region codes but not others? If so is there a pattern - for example it works for region codes in a certain range (A - M) and not for others (N - z)

I was using SDE to get XML code out of AFCAD2 (I think SDE is working better than NewBGLAnalyze or BGLXML). I looked in ADE, and all I could see was the info when the mouse is over the VOR (I think this is by design?) which doesn't seem to include "region". The region I am working on is RK, so your memory might be correct. I thought I did a search on FD for "region" that came up blank.

scott s.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I was using SDE to get XML code out of AFCAD2 (I think SDE is working better than NewBGLAnalyze or BGLXML). I looked in ADE, and all I could see was the info when the mouse is over the VOR (I think this is by design?) which doesn't seem to include "region". The region I am working on is RK, so your memory might be correct. I thought I did a search on FD for "region" that came up blank.

scott s.
The Mouse over tooltip in ADE does not display all the information and certainly not any region information. I think, however, you are saying that when SDE decodes files it does not correctly decode regions