SDE and simConnect

Does the current SimConnect require sp2 simconnect? I tried to update from ver 0.81 and I get an error about simconnect assembly versions. I am on FSX sp1.

scott s.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Does the current SimConnect require sp2 simconnect? I tried to update from ver 0.81 and I get an error about simconnect assembly versions. I am on FSX sp1.

scott s.
SDE requires the original version of SimConnect that came with the DVD. If you update the SDK or FSX then all copies of SimConnect should be available.

I have FSX sp1 insalled along with the sp1 and sp1a sdk. I installed the latest sdetestapp and jmflightsimlib.dll. When starting sdetestapp, it immediately throws an error:

Unhandled Exception:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.61259.0, Culture=neutral, PuclicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. the located assemply's manifest definition dow not match the assemble reference. (Exception from HRESULT:0x80131040)

It gives me an "ignore" option and if I click this the testapp will start. It seems to run OK.

I looked in C:\Windows\assembly and I have two entries:
Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect 10.0.61242.0
(This one seems to be from FSX sp1 -- 10.0.61355)
Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect 10.0.60905.0
(This one seems to be FSX RTM)

These both also have entries in WinSxS with simconnect.dll. I think 10.0.61259 version of simconnect.dll is for sp2?

scott s.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I have FSX sp1 insalled along with the sp1 and sp1a sdk. I installed the latest sdetestapp and jmflightsimlib.dll. When starting sdetestapp, it immediately throws an error:

Unhandled Exception:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect, Version=10.0.61259.0, Culture=neutral, PuclicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. the located assemply's manifest definition dow not match the assemble reference. (Exception from HRESULT:0x80131040)

It gives me an "ignore" option and if I click this the testapp will start. It seems to run OK.

I looked in C:\Windows\assembly and I have two entries:
Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect 10.0.61242.0
(This one seems to be from FSX sp1 -- 10.0.61355)
Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect 10.0.60905.0
(This one seems to be FSX RTM)

These both also have entries in WinSxS with simconnect.dll. I think 10.0.61259 version of simconnect.dll is for sp2?

scott s.
Curious - I am still not sure I understand how this all works. In ADE it is possible to get a situation where the initializing code finds SimConnect but the program throws an exception when you try to use it 10.0.60905.0 is the one that my software uses.