scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Folks

There is a new version of SDE available for download. You can get it here

http://www.scruffyduck.co.uk/files/0_90_2624.zip

It contains a number of updates and changes. Hopefully fixed the bugs that have been reported to me. This is a release build in that I have reached a point in development where the program meets a set of functional criteria.

The next steps for it will be:
  1. Fix any reported bugs
  2. Tidy up the code
  3. Start development on the next user application which should introduce a map view of things

This version will be publicly announced shortly but please go ahead and download it. :)

Again please do let me know of any problems that you have and suggestions for improvement

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Thanks Jim

This one has all the bits needed to allow for Bgl tweaking as you will see if you use the Bgl Format View. I will hook that all up in the near future.

Also want to start working on a GUI interface.

Can you check if SDE handles the ' at the end of co-ordinates OK now?

Jon,

Are you still planning to release your program as a dll and release the API. I am interested in adding a GUI (yes, you are also). I'm learning C# and managed code - thought I would tackle something simple. :D

Program is really looking good.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Jon,

Are you still planning to release your program as a dll and release the API. I am interested in adding a GUI (yes, you are also). I'm learning C# and managed code - thought I would tackle something simple. :D

Program is really looking good.

Yes I am Ron :)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Guys I will look at the whole issue of settings and settings files. There should be no need to manually create settings.xml.

If the application (TestApp) cannot find and entry for the FS folder or Bglcomp then it will use the SDE application folder as a default. One the entries are saved, however, then it should read your entries and not use the default. I suspect that something is going wrong though as it seems to be a pain to set and change them.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I assume you mean compiling to FS9. At the moment, no. You can read FS9 and FSX file but only compile to FSX. Adding compile to FS9 is on the feature list.