• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SDK 0.12.0.0 & update 1.15.7.0

Country
russia
The project has stopped loading. Custom objects are not compiled. Is it just me?
Everything worked fine before the update. Community folder is empty

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Country
russia
I have the exact same issue! Just did the update and also downloaded the new SDK 12.
I found a strange solution. The finished package should now be in the Community folder. Yesterday everything was the other way around. ASOBO is kidding.

Country
us-ohio
you lost me...what? Are you saying we now need to put projects we are working on in the Community folder?

Country
us-ohio
Are you putting your "project folder" in the community folder? Or a built package? Sorry if I seem dumb...well...I am....lol For example: my project is "SEC" with all its folders.....do I put SEC into the community folder?

Country
russia
Are you putting your "project folder" in the community folder? Or a built package? Sorry if I seem dumb...well...I am....lol For example: my project is "SEC" with all its folders.....do I put SEC into the community folder?

I put the finished project (eg. bmw-airport-wwws) from the "Package" folders into the "Community" folder. Previously, such actions led to compilation problems. Now it helps.

Country
us-ohio
Wow! You all are a life savers. Just copied my "SEC" project folder into Community and went to town! Thanks! So strange that this happens, but then again, it's MSFS2020...LOL....I hate making new workflows!

Country
unitedkingdom
I've had 5-6 crashes since the update. Never really had any before.

Also several airports I've made now insta crash the sim when you try to start there. Recompiling with the new SDK doesn't work.

Even starting off a few miles in the vicinity of said airports mid air produces an insta crash.

Country
canada
AND for those of you that don't install the SDK on the C drive - Use Options now to change the folder where you want it.

Country
us-ohio
I might just like this....no more removing a package from the Com folder in order to edit a project....but at the same time, I don't like having to work in the Community folder.

Country
russia
But I am unable to compile the new object. It doesn't appear on the list. This has always been hampered by a ready-made package in the community folder. Vicious circle.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I have always used the fspackagetool to compile objects. And I have then placed the compiled package into Community, so they are then available for placement. Alternatively, they could be placed with the ADE 2020 alpha...

Country
germany
That doesn't work for me. Did your guys who say that it works really try to rebuild the project yet and reload into it? After placing the folder into community i mean.

Because that is what is happening...

Yes, the stuff shows up again with names instead unknown. And the objects are back into the library.

But as soon you build the project from this state and reload back into it it's all back to unknown...

Where can I download SDK 11 now that SDK 12 has been released?
(I am currently running SDK 10)

Country
canada
Where can I download SDK 11 now that SDK 12 has been released?
(I am currently running SDK 10)
actually i was wrong it is still screwed up sorry even if you use sdk 11 after building project it gets screwed up and you loose your custom objects, other thing i came up with sometimes works just move the entire project directory somewhere else anywhere
to new directory then open i t form there sometimes it works

Country
australia
As with Senchay it worked for me once but as soon as i rebuilt the project it was all back to unknown. There is no way on earth i'm restarting the sim everytime i rebuild the project.