• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SDK 0.8.0.0 now available for download

Country
us-newyork

SDK release 0.8.0​

SDK changes​

• Documentation:
  • Samples:
    • Added GDI+ version of the GaugeAircraft sample.
    • Added StandaloneModule sample.

Developer mode changes​

• Project Editor:
    • Export All button created to properly export the packages for Community and Marketplace.
      The associated documentation is available in the Export Window section.
  • Note: Without using this button, the generated packages may not work as expected.
    • The ESC key now closes the Add Package window.
    • Added Show in explorer button to open the project directory.
    • Fixed Build process which was non-deterministic in some cases.
    • Fixed crash after a Clean All on an aircraft project.
    • Fixed the possibility to have spaces in files names (detected with the Export All process which is now mandatory).
  • Aircraft Editor:
    • Fixed [FLAPS] section in case of creating new flaps starting from none.
    • Added display of GUID for [CAMERAS] debug.
  • Scenery Editor:
    • Added runway ILS Edition.
  • Aircraft:
    • Added new way to force using legacy tables through prop_uselegacytables.
  • General:
    • Added an auto-hide fonctionality.
    • Added Debug LOD option.
    • Fixed the ALT + F4 on an [ImGui] window which does not enable to re-open it.

Country
us-illinois
Hello:

A heads-up on what the new MSFS-2020 "MSFS_SDK_Installer_0.8.0.0.msi" installer will now do:

Even if a prior SDK installed to a custom folder path, the new SDK installer will find it and delete all of MS' contents in a sub-folder chain installed by a prior *.MSI :alert:

It is possible to run and use MSFS-2020 at the current (prior) level of SDK, even after the sim itself has installed any non-SDK mandatory updates of scenery / core content.

But after installing the newest SDK, MSFS 2020 is committed to that latest SDK revision. :pushpin:

GaryGB

Country
italy
Bmw 969 In the documentation no, but in the simulator yes...

Attachments

• Microsoft Flight Simulator 26_11_2020 14_10_21.png
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 26_11_2020 14_10_21.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 253
Country
russia
Bmw 969 In the documentation no, but in the simulator yes...
I mean how to fill the windows correctly?
I fill the windows, guided by the charts. But the build shows a lot of errors.
Why can't I enter tenths in the "frequency" window?

Country
italy
I seen....I had to put frequency on xml file (108.90), as the last time. The simulator crashed...I removed frequency from xml file...but when i opened my project again, my frequency was right.....Mistery....😲

Country
russia
I seen....I had to put frequency on xml file (108.90), as the last time. The simulator crashed...I removed frequency from xml file...but when i opened my project again, my frequency was right.....Mistery....😲

I get a big red list of errors when I do a build. All errors are related to ILS.

Country
norway
The format is in Hz, you need to put in the Hz. Example: 109750000 Hz = 109.75 mHz :)
:D That makes sense... But WHY change things so it's different from everything we're used to??? They even changed the range to meters instead of the normal nautical miles... 😄

Country
denmark
:D That makes sense... But WHY change things so it's different from everything we're used to??? They even changed the range to meters instead of the normal nautical miles... 😄
I agree. And be careful if you edit the ILS section. There is a bug that will cause the sim to crash when you open your project and try to load the BGL in the Scenery Editor. This has been discussed over at the Third Party dev. forum. Do not use the “Range” and the “Beam width” fields for the ILS itself, and if you get a CTD, check if there are range and width entries in your project XML in the runway section, also it appears that secondary ILS is not correctly saved.

Country
norway
I agree. And be careful if you edit the ILS section. There is a bug that will cause the sim to crash when you open your project and try to load the BGL in the Scenery Editor. This has been discussed over at the Third Party dev. forum. Do not use the “Range” and the “Beam width” fields for the ILS itself, and if you get a CTD, check if there are range and width entries in your project XML in the runway section, also it appears that secondary ILS is not correctly saved.
I ended up sticking to my old ILS settings directly in the XML. Funny thing though that it didn't populate the fields in the SDK. It was still blank - but nevertheless - my old settings are still working :)

Edit: It actually did populate the fields as long as you put the ILS and GlideSlope settings directly inside the proper <Runway> ... </Runway> tag in the XML. At least they made that right 🙃

Last edited:
Country
germany
Sorry for the stupid question, but I just installed MSFS on a different computer and the option to download the SDK vom the developer mode Help menu section seems to be gone now? Under " Help" the only option is SDK documentation and nothing happens when I click there. Any ideas what´s wrong?

Country
germany
Sorry for the stupid question, but I just installed MSFS on a different computer and the option to download the SDK vom the developer mode Help menu section seems to be gone now? Under " Help" the only option is SDK documentation and nothing happens when I click there. Any ideas what´s wrong?
I also had this some time ago. I just waited a little bit and it was there again...