• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS searching for someone who can help

Country
germany
Hello,
i have a Aircraft to use in MSFS which is for my Homecockpit.
Since i have absolutely no idea of aircraft creation i need someone who can change the virtual cockpit for me.
It is just to remove all from the Virtual cockpit except the Windshield and the Wipers, thats it.
But it is a spezial aircraft.

Thanks
Matthias

Country
unitedkingdom
you need to edit the Blender 3D model for the aircraft and only the original developer of that plane will have those files. So you'll need to ask them.

Country
germany
Hello,

too bad, i dont have the files.
But as far as i read here and there, it should be possible to edit a Model *.gltf file ... no?

Matthias

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
It is possible, if the parts you want to remove, have their own "nodes." It is something I've been experimenting with, going the other direction mostly. I have been removing default animated gear assemblies from Asobo aircraft, and attaching those to my own models.

nodes.jpg

In this image, you can see that I've removed the landing gear from the default 747 and attached it to a model of a stealth bomber. You can see that the front bogies are highlighted, as is also the ScenGraphNode "node285_node0." It is not perfect, and quite a deal of transformational "jostling" is required, also there is the very real possibility of overwhelming MCX, which I've done on several occasions. On this particular model, I even went to far as to swap in the compressor blades from the A320. I don't know that I've properly configured the animation, but they move in MCX after package building, so there remains hope I'll find the correct animation template.

compressors.jpg

The finish isn't mine, I've been trying to work with the artists material textures and as nice a model it is, we can't be great at everything.

decent.jpg

In sim, I think it looks decent enough for AI to populate an airport.

effects.jpg

Of course the animations work, albeit a bit choppy and there's even an added exhaust effect that is conditional to engine status. I'd say that if you want to remove a yoke or something, it should be no problem.

Country
germany
Hello,
that looks great !!
Newer reached that far state, because as i wrote, i have no idea about that at all.
I could open the model in ModelconverterX now and as you can see:

1. there are some parts under the left wing
2. i dont know if the Model has Wingflex, which i want to have ( but as i say...i HAVE to use that Model )

What i really want to change is the Virtual Cockpit View because i sit in a Homecockpit, but i dont want to miss
the nice animation of the Raindrops on the Windows and also not the Wipers.
So, in the Virtual Cockpit View i have a 180 degrees View, but want to see only the Windows ( and the Wipers )

Do you think you can have a look at it and if you can manage this ?

Matthias

Attachments

• underwing.JPG
    underwing.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 12

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
My apologies, I am traveling until late Saturday and I can’t reply as well by cell phone. I think before proceeding, what would be good to know, what is the aircraft you’re using?

Country
germany
Hello,
thanks for the Answer !

Yes for sure, i dont write that because it is a very special Aircraft, which is used for
Homecockpit Builders.
I use a Software Suite called Prosim737 and here is a B737-800NG to use, which ONLY works with this Suite.
That means you can not really Fly this Aircraft without using this Suite.
But 1. if you want you can download the Suite and set up the Minimums where you can use a normal Joystick and test
how it flies.
But normally that is not needed.

If you want to try to help i will send you a link to the Aircraft.

Thanks in advance
Matthias

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I have visited their website. I think they would probably support what you are doing, I think they probably have people better than me to do it and if not, this is a good endorsement, however I'm not comfortable uploading any IP without their consent. If you upload it, privately of course, I can look at the model and if possible, tell you here, the edits to make. One of the limitations of MCX, is that complex animations become corrupted, or abbreviated and I have no idea what to expect from a model one must get a quote for. The expectation is that it is vastly detailed, however, for true, professional flight sim, the model is largely representational and the true detail is within the systems integration, imo.

Anyway, tell me what you think. It is my preference to discuss modifications publicly here, so others can follow along, without compromising the IP of Prosim. If you ask them they may even volunteer to help, you'd want to think your concern is not overly unique and our work here will help their development, as well.

Country
germany
Hello,

thanks for the Answer, but you can not expect something like that from the Developer of the FM of Prosim.

Matthias

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
An inability to accommodate home cockpit users seems unprofessional, imo.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
It seems like a lot of professional grade simmers, would use custom cockpits and the standard of which, would vary. It seems like an inability to accommodate that would represent a commercial opportunity for a competitor, maybe I see it wrong.

Country
germany
Yeah...thats the Problem, Prosim737 is the only one piece of Software for Homecockpitbuilder, which have
such a big compatibility to Hardware. You can use more or less all Hardware you can find, starting from Opencockpit, Arduino, FDS, Sismo and so on.