• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

selctive exclusion of addons

Country
australia
I have Aussiex silos all over Western Australia and one is in the middle of my current YMKB Mukinbudin scenery (on the wrong side of the road). Is there any way I can exclude that one model without deleting the BGL (and all of the others) and if so which exclude do I use? Alternatively I can move the whole scenery but then the FSX roads won't match up.
Alan

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I'm guessing this is FSX and your using SBuilderX.

Start FSX, and use op-down view to slew over the silo.

Start SBuilderX, choose show aircraft, zoom to about level17 ( to give you a sense of scale ) and draw a 3 or 4 sided poly close-around the silo area. Assign AB_ExcludeAutogen to the poly.

Compile, add BGL to active scenery folder, restart FSX.

Dick

Country
australia
Thanks Dick, I've already tried that one with no Joy. I tried increasing the size of the box but that didn't work either. I wonder if its because the bgl covers items all over the state and I need to get around all of them? I have isolated the bgl from a folder of 1222 files but it seems a shame to delete every silo in the state.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi Alan.

If this is a default silo, grab the exact latitude-longitude, and I'll see if I can have better luck deleting it.

Also, make sure the exclude is in a scenery folder that is loaded after the placement of the silo... at the top of the Scenery Library list.

Dick

Country
australia
Hi Dick, It is an addon bgl attached here and installs silos all over WA as part of the Aussiex download. www.alanblencowe.com/FSX/sdc_WA_silos_PLC.bgl the location for this one is S30 54.97 E118 12.83 I have quarantined the bgl but if there is a way to exclude only one silo I would love to know. It is installed lower in the library than mine but photo ground images do not obscure it.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
This appears to be an FS9 object placement BGL. What you need is an XML object exclusion, that gets compiled by BGLComp.

I think ADE has the ability to make an object exclusion.

Here's a sample xml code, that can be dropped onto BGLComp to make an exclusion:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<FSData
   version = "9.0"
   xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
   xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd" >
   <ExclusionRectangle
        latitudeMinimum = "-30.91627"
        latitudeMaximum = "-30.91625"
        longitudeMinimum = "118.21382"
        longitudeMaximum = "118.21385"
       excludeLibraryObjects = "TRUE"
 />
</FSData>

TCalcX can help you get the right coordinates of a small bounding area:

TCalcX.zip

Dick

Country
australia
Thanks Dick, The exclude in ADE solved the problem. The TCalcX only seemed to give me the Lat, Long , Altitude and direction, the same as I get from the slew setting and it only works when the sim is on anyway. Is that what I should be seeing?
Alan

hcornea

Resource contributor
Country
australia
SBuilder should also be able to make an excludion rectangle for you.

It's the symbol that looks like an X. The select all library objects.

That should be able to perform a local exclusion of an object.

Odd that the silo is on the wrong side of the road ... they were all hand-placed by a western Australian!

Country
australia
Thanks HC. I think they have moved the silo... seriously, they have certainly moved the one at Darkan out of town since the railway was torn up and in street view, there is a barbed wire topped linkmesh fence guarding an open paddock. Perhaps the coordinates were a little dated. It could simply be a difference between FSX and Google Earth but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
This appears to be an FS9 object placement BGL. What you need is an XML object exclusion, that gets compiled by BGLComp.

I think ADE has the ability to make an object exclusion.

Here's a sample xml code, that can be dropped onto BGLComp to make an exclusion:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<FSData
   version = "9.0"
   xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
   xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd" >
   <ExclusionRectangle
        latitudeMinimum = "-30.91627"
        latitudeMaximum = "-30.91625"
        longitudeMinimum = "118.21382"
        longitudeMaximum = "118.21385"
       excludeLibraryObjects = "TRUE"
 />
</FSData>

TCalcX can help you get the right coordinates of a small bounding area:

TCalcX.zip

Dick

Hi Dick,
I have the same problem with another FS9 object in a FSX.bgl
I have used the same method using SBuilderX, but no luck until now.
Please see the attached xml.

BTW I cann't load a CITYscenery file into ADE; is that correct?
Bert

Attachments

• PROJECT_Ens.xml
    633 bytes · Views: 339
Country
australia
Hi folks, My initial problem was that I was going down the wrong path and trying to use the exclude provisions for polys. The exclude rectangle works fine in both ADE and SBX and as long as you surround the location point of the object it can be very small. I prefer it in ADE because it is included in the one bgl and not separatly but either will do the job. Don't ask me about codes because that is over my head.
Alan

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi Bert.

That exclude should work.

2 possible problems.

The exclude needs to be loaded after the scenery places the object. It needs to be in a folder higher up in the Scenery Library ( maybe naming the exclude as zzzexclude.bgl in the same folder? ).

Also, if this is a non-FSX scenery, it might use a placement technique that offsets the refpoint from the center of the object. Decompiling the original bgl might show exactly what the placement refpoint is.

Dick

Country
netherlands
Hi Bert.

That exclude should work.

2 possible problems.

The exclude needs to be loaded after the scenery places the object. It needs to be in a folder higher up in the Scenery Library ( maybe naming the exclude as zzzexclude.bgl in the same folder? ).

Also, if this is a non-FSX scenery, it might use a placement technique that offsets the refpoint from the center of the object. Decompiling the original bgl might show exactly what the placement refpoint is.

Dick

Hi Dick,
1.Did not succeed.
2.I cann't decompile the original bgl, which one i have attached.
Dick i hope that you can find the decompiler.

Bert

Attachments

• ENSCHEDECITY2c FSX.bgl
    175 KB · Views: 421

GHD

Country
england
It is probably scenery for FS 2000, it can be disassembled with BGLAnalyze resulting in a .sca file.