• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Seoul Gimpo for FSX/P3D

Country
germany
Parking spots need some cars and traffic. This is still under construction.

fsscr027.png

Country
germany
Nightview, RGL are not ready now. But will be soon. Maybe later we will add user controlled stop lights, which will disapear, if the pilot change his radio to the tower frequency But this will be in an later update after release.
fsscr037.png
fsscr035.png

Country
germany
On the list now:
- Visibility of PAPI lights
- Custom Runway Guarding lights
- Airport fence
- Custom approach lighting system
- Some smaller buildings
- Animated Airport Traffic
- Improve the satellite image, making it more transparent above water
- Improve the parking areas and streets, the difference between streets and satellite image is not pretty.
- We need a small airplane with 4 engines next to the Air Asia Building.

Then -> finished!

Maybe someone can help, we have no idea, what type of airplane it is. It can not be a 747, is it an old 707? We really don't know about this.
Thanks for supporting us. Anyone who has never done such a project can not know how much time and work it takes. Respect to all developers in this forum!

Country
canada
Wow! The SODE Jetways look absolutely amazing! And so does the ramp textures, amazing job!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Country
australia
Peter

Will you be using SODE "conditional visibility" activation of the approach / taxiway / runway lights, particularly for daytime low visibility operations.

John

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I have tried Papi light and custom approach lighting system but the visibility is limited. Even I have edited the mipmap texture, the lights on the runway in Beijing are very poorly visible from a distance. So, I think it might be better to use with a small airport.
Do you have successfully using that method?

Country
australia
Do you have successfully using that method?

Peter

Limited success as my modelling skills of lights to say the least are "inadequate" ...... though SODE activation with "conditional weather / visibility" of windsocks etc. works well.

I am hoping one day a freeware / payware library of approach lights etc. is available for SODE.

John

Last edited:
Country
australia
.........the lights on the runway in Beijing are very poorly visible from a distance.

Tic / Peter

I am keen to hear more on the use of SODE activated lights.

My perspective is that "visibility" can be "overdone". The best guide for me is that in daytime "fog" the lead approach lights begin to show dimly at about 3 miles in visibility about half that and then continue to "brighten" & show threshold lights at the "standard" 200' MAP (a tad under 1 mile from touchdown)

Don's AFLT lighting is a good guide in that (the stock FSX / P3D is too bright).

At night, these same lights would show / define at not much more than the above in limited visibility.

To you both, looking forward to seeing your projects.

Country
germany
For PAPI I use the standard of FSX and P3D. Because I made a BGL-File with Fototexture. The runways on top of this. Above the runways are again transparent Foto-Textures to make them look more natural. This way, I can use all standard lights if I want. For approach lights I made with textures. The FSX/P3D lights are effects and way to bright compared to reality. The textures I made are not visible from far away, mipmaps only help a little. Next problem is the visibility during fog. Maybe I will make two models and place them with SODE. But not sure, will try it. Visibility is also a part of graphic card and settings. Every user likes it in another way. Some like it bright, some don't like.
My opinion is, during bad weather or fog, if the lights can be seen at MAP is enough for real pilots. They all can fly this. But for only simulator pilots, it would be difficult. So if they can see the PAPIs earlier, would be a good help for them.

Country
australia
peter

i agree with your notes on P3D lights and more so your efforts with approach light visibility in "daylight fog".... the lead lights of the ALS should be seen a tad before MAP.

i assume your 2nd sode set is night time good visibility which need only show "definition" from about 3nm, a tad blurred at FAF... same for runway lights further in the distance with definition on short final.

sode helps make it real in my opinion (if the models/textures are also) ..... ;).

i wish i could offer more than comment ... but my interests in airports is as much if not more about the flying parts.

Country
germany
Yes, I will try with SODE and it should work. This pictures are only FSX, not P3D and without mipmaps and not SODE. Papi are FSX. I think it is easy to change with SODE. Using 2 models, one with lights, one without. Changing the models with condition part in SODE should do the job.
night2.jpg
night.jpg

Country
germany
Apron Lights in FSX need some lightshine to add. But in P3D they use dynamic lights. Making smaller objects, lights and this is the more fun part. The hardest is to make all these terminals.

Country
germany
With SODE I activate the approach lights now during Night, Dusk, Dawn and if visibility is 8000 meters, around 5 miles. This should help pilots flying in bad weather or fog.

Country
australia
With SODE I activate the approach lights now during Night, Dusk, Dawn and if visibility is 8000 meters, around 5 miles. This should help pilots flying in bad weather or fog.

Peter

Just to understand, will you also include runway & taxiway etc. with that SODE conditional activation. Jeffery (SODE) also suggests the "rain/snow" condition.

I hope to hear of the release when ready & am plotting flights to Tic's ZBAA ....... there's unfortunately few airports in the US developed with daytime lights on conditional activation, some in Europe. Maybe it should be a payware addon for scenery developers to use where skills in it are lacking.

Country
germany
@John, yes, for the Runway Lights I use the conditional option of SODE. Also for the lights in the night. This way I can use one model with few polygons for the lamps at daylight and in the night I change the model to one with the lightshine polygons. SODE is perfect and offers so many solutions.