• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 serious trouble with video capture

Country
france
Hi all,

I have been searching around the forums since some time, but couldn't find any assistance for this issue.
First of all, my FS9 runs fine, on a quite healthy system:

Windows7 Home Premium 64 bit Sp1
Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50 GHz 8 GB Ram
Amd Radeon HD 7800 Series

Usually, I can handle most of the troubles myself, be they hardware or software related. Now, this one is really ennoying, and obtuse.
I make flights and save them with FS Recorder.
I use autower as well.
I replay the flights, and record them with Fraps, in order to rework them later in a video program.
The Fraps setting is 29.97 fps, Full size.
My screen is reduced to display an 1280/720 pixels image.
Now, logically, that should result in an image like this:

LUC-PC-2013-oct-26-001.jpg

On my older XP system, I never had a problem with these settings,
but, since quite some time I have this result:

LUC-PC-2013-oct-26-002.jpg

which is completely useless.
After many error searchings, the only workaround I've found to bring back a normal 1280/720 resolution is to delete the FS9.cfg, and let FS9 rebuilt a new one. That works for a moment (between a few minutes and a few hours) but, inevitably, it falls back to a 1280/1024 resolution (2nd image), without warning. I have to check each couple of takes, and if I forget, which happens often, the penalty is there, along with the disapointment of having to throw away tons of "beautiful" images, and back to square 1, close FS9, delete FS9.cfg, rebuilt, redo the settings,etc....It's very time consuming, and quite ennerving.
Maybe someone experienced that sort of issues before, and can come up with a solution?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Luc.

Country
france
Yes, it is up to date, and runs fine with any other program.
I do think it is somehow FS9 engine/Fs9.cfg related.

Luc

Country
italy
Fraps records in avi format which should be at the same resolution. Where it all seems to go wrong is in the post processing.

I have to resynch the sound in every 4mb fraps clip then join them together and then convert them to a more economical format.

I use virtualdub to rectify the sound and then join and convert them with Free video joiner(original version). I have found converting the avi to mov the only way to preserve the original resolution. The only problem is that in the final result the colours are a little washed out.

It takes a full day to do an hour's worth of video.