• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Several objects within one bgl-file?

Hello!

The result of my work with gmax is, that every object has it's own bgl-file and i place it at my airport using api's and place it with Afw.

My Question ist, waht is the best way to put several objects in one bgl file?
I think it will result in a better framerate if only e.g. 10 bgl-files are in the scenery-directory than about 100 ...

Like an Afw-file with SCASM-code it's possible that one bgl-file contains several objects.

So, is this possible also with bglc-code? (Doing with FSRegen or so ...)

Regards,
Klaus

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Klaus,

Yes, it is possible. For the framerate it will not really matter I think, as it is the amount of scenery areas that counts more then the amount of frames.

If you have using FsRegen to make an API, then I guess you are putting your object already into an object library. Just put them all into the same library and you have your amount of files reduced to 2. One for the library and one to place the objects.

Hi Arno!

I just found no way how to do this ...
I tried the library toll which comes with FSRegen, but I don't get any result to work with ...

Is there a tool available what is able to reduce the amount of bgl-libraries to one? Is this possible with the ordinary bglc?

Best regards,
Klaus

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
But do I understand it correct that you are able to make a library with just one object inside? But not with more then one? You should really be able to put them all in one library.

Have you read this [thread=107]article[/thread]?

Hi Arno!

After reading the article everything was clear. Now it works the way I thought!
Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Klaus

Hello again!

I put all my 48 sign-objects in one big bgl. The result is, that in slew-mode everything works fine. That means a framerate like before reducing to 1 bgl-file. But in normal-mode, framerate decreased from about 23 down to 4!

So I think a bad phenomen is going on in my FS ...

Does anyone knows this problem, too, and knows a solution for this?

Regards,
Klaus

Dear Sirs,

5 minutes after posting I tried it again, and voilá: No problems anymore. The framerate is nearly the same as before ...

Regards,
Klaus