P3D v4 Shiny Home ?

Hi Folks,

Still trying to get my feet under me with P3D modeling - as I haven't really done this since FS9...

A very basic test model attached - I have specular at 0 in my modeling software since I keep getting a shiny house in the sim... How do I make it not so shiny ? There's no alpha on the textures - is that what I'm missing ???

Exported as X - loaded into MCX to make MDL - then LibX to make BGL...

Thanks for your patience...

One follow up - what's the tool of choice for object placement these days ? Seems as Instant Scenery isn't listing v4 compatibility yet...

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

=rk=

Resource contributor
Placement tool is currently Simdirector. Your model specularity is 255,255,255 and recommend you set it to 20,20,20 in MCX. Also your ridge has a scrunched up mapping of your roof texture.

Hi Rick,

Hah - thanks - I figured out the setting about the same time you posted - never used MCX to make models before - used bat scripts and MakeMDL... I set it to 0,0,0 and the shine is gone will try 20,20,20 as well... Hmm - I see Simdirector - just tried it - first time ever - need to figure it out - LOL - it crashed... Thanks for the pointers - will take a look at roof - really just a test bed... I want to build a modular library of basic houses - one step up from autogen - not really meant for primary airport use - just the surrounding area...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Rick,

Man - does Simdirector really work - it constantly freezes and crashes... LOL - constantly - even after I let it get stable after loading libraries...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott