Simple Question (I hope)

Hello everybody!

I just started to to learn gauge programming. I'm very familar with the Language JAVA and some Basics in C.

My first Question:

I've installed the FS9 Panel SDK and MS Visual Studio Standard Edition. Then, i added to my PATH Variable in Windows "D:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin"

Now I only wanted to compile the samples included in the SDK. So ich changed to that directory and run "nmake"

But i'm getting following error Code:

Code:
C:\Programme\FS2004SDK\Panels_SDK\sample>nmake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility, Version 8.00.50727.42
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

cl  -c -I..\inc SDK.c
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: ""D:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\cl.EX
E"": Rückgabe-Code "0xc0000135"
Stop.

C:\Programme\FS2004SDK\Panels_SDK\sample>
Something I made wrong??? Any Idea?

Thank you for any Tip!!! :)

n4gix

Resource contributor
I have no idea myself what the error message is about, but why use such an "antique" compiler?

You can get the MSVC++ .NET 2005 Express Edition for free use, and it gives you the all the "modern" conveniences of GUI programming environment, as well as "Intellisense," which is a context-driven Help system.

For more information and detailed instructions for setup and usage, see the sticky posts in my "Panels & Gauges" forum at flightsim.com:

http://forums.flightsim.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=31&topic_id=672&mesg_id=672&page=

I'm getting the 2005 Standard Edition for Free as I am a student who's university is Member of the MSDNAA Program :D Perhaps I have to run the windows Update to get the newest compiler, i will see.

But i will have a try with the Express Edition first. Thans a lot for your usefull link! :)

I don't think i'll use JAVA to manage this. For 2 reasons:

1) I want to learn (get betterin ) C!!!
2) For this Project, Performance is really important. C will be the better choise i think.

But thanks for the link, i will have a try for myself, for sure! :)