• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Skysoft Simulation freeware Xi'an Xianyang International Airport

Country
china
Another freeware scenery made by Skysoft Simulation will soon be released! The airport is located in Xi'an, Shaanxi province. Xi'an has a history of more than 3100 years, the city was also known as Chang'an before the Ming Dynasty. It's well known to the world as the eastern terminus of the Silk Road and home to the Terra Cotta Warriors.

Xi'an Xianyang International Airport (Chinese: 西安咸阳国际机场) (IATA: XIY, ICAO: ZLXY) is the largest airport in China's northwest. In 2011, the airport handled 21,163,130 passengers, making it the busiest airport in northwest China and the 8th busiest nationwide. Xi'an Xianyang International Airport was also the 14th busiest airport in terms of cargo traffic and the 9th busiest airport by traffic movements.

Airlines and Destinations

Air Busan: Busan
Air China: Beijing-Capital, Chengdu, Guilin, Hangzhou, Shanghai-Pudong, Tianjin, Urumqi, Yinchuan
Dalian Airlines operated by Air China: Dalian
Asiana Airlines: Seoul-Incheon
Beijing Capital Airlines: Dunhuang, Hangzhou, Sanya, Ürümqi
Business Air: Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi
China Airlines: Taipei-Taoyuan
China Eastern Airlines: Beijing-Capital, Changsha, Changzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dayong, Guangzhou, Guilin, Haikou, Hangzhou, Kashgar, Kunming, Lanzhou, Lhasa, Nanchang, Nanjing, Ngari, Qingdao, Sanya, Jiuzhai-huanglong Shanghai-Pudong, Shenzhen, Ürümqi, Wuxi, Xining, Yinchuan, Yulin, Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi, Hong Kong, Nagoya-Centrair, Seoul-Incheon, Singapore, Taipei-Taoyuan, Tokyo-Narita
China Southern Airlines: Beijing-Capital, Changsha, Chengdu, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Harbin, Jinan, Qingdao, Sanya, Shanghai-Pudong, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Taiyuan, Urumqi, Wuhan, Xining, Yinchuan, Yiwu
Dragon Air: Hong Kong
Hainan Airlines: Beijing-Capital, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Guilin, Haikou, Hangzhou, Harbin, Kunming, Lanzhou, Nanchang, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai-Pudong, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Taipei-Taoyuan, Taiyuan, Ürümqi, Wenzhou, Wuhai, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xining, Yinchuan
Joy Air: Beijing-Capital, Guangzhou, Hong Kong Seasonal: Busan, Seoul-Gimpo, Seoul-Incheon, Tokyo-Narita, Osaka-Kansai
Juneyao Airlines: Shanghai-Hongqiao
Korean Air: Seoul-Incheon
Lucky Air: Kunming, Ürümqi
Shandong Airlines: Jinan, Osaka-Kansai
Shanghai Airlines: Beijing-Capital, Jiayuguan, Lanzhou, Shanghai-Pudong, Taiyuan, Xining, Yantai
Shenzhen Airlines: Guangzhou, Lanzhou, Nanjing, Shenzhen, Xining, Yinchuan, kuala lumpur, Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi
Sichuan Airlines: Beijing-Capital, Chengdu, Zhongwei
Spring Airlines: Shanghai-Pudong, Shenyang
Xiamen Airlines: Changsha, Chongqing, Fuzhou, Hangzhou, Nanchang, Tianjin, Wuhan, Wuyishan, Yinchuan

1-11.jpg

18-1.jpg

10-6.jpg

3-12.jpg

2-11.jpg

19-1.jpg

21.jpg

13-5.jpg

14-4.jpg

15-4.jpg

12-5.jpg

9-6.jpg

6-6.jpg

7-8.jpg

8-7.jpg

17.jpg

16-4.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
That's a brilliant airport - I will have to fly to China sometime! :)

However, and forgive me for saying this, shouldn't the jetway infrastructure just be slightly taller, or slightly larger generally?

I look at this image and see that the top of the up-sloped passenger walkway is about 2/3 the way up to the floor of that outward-jutting window section on the face of the building, in the model it is perhaps slightly over halfway. Also, there's a picture of a 767 at the gate in the same photostream, and the top of the small turret building seems slightly higher than the roofline of the 767 and just under halfway up the glazed section.

Its quite possible that you have seen plenty more images than me, so my impression could be wrong, but I did spend a long time checking someone else's work for Abu Dhabi against images we had, and so I tend to get a feeling about scale that is usually not bad.

Either way the airport is great as it comes, and I can see why people say good things about the Skysoft sceneries. Many thanks also for releasing this as freeware, I'm sure there are many credit-crunched people grateful for such quality work freely available.

Country
china
That's a brilliant airport - I will have to fly to China sometime! :)

However, and forgive me for saying this, shouldn't the jetway infrastructure just be slightly taller, or slightly larger generally?

I look at this image and see that the top of the up-sloped passenger walkway is about 2/3 the way up to the floor of that outward-jutting window section on the face of the building, in the model it is perhaps slightly over halfway. Also, there's a picture of a 767 at the gate in the same photostream, and the top of the small turret building seems slightly higher than the roofline of the 767 and just under halfway up the glazed section.

Its quite possible that you have seen plenty more images than me, so my impression could be wrong, but I did spend a long time checking someone else's work for Abu Dhabi against images we had, and so I tend to get a feeling about scale that is usually not bad.

Either way the airport is great as it comes, and I can see why people say good things about the Skysoft sceneries. Many thanks also for releasing this as freeware, I'm sure there are many credit-crunched people grateful for such quality work freely available.

Hello, thank you for your suggestion. We have considered on your idea and made some ajustments both to the turret building and the joint part between the sloped walkway and the terminal building. :rotfl:

1-12.jpg

2-12.jpg

Country
australia
Fabulous work, skysoftsimulation. You have really put in some attention to detail. Beautiful. :):cool:

Country
italy
Question:

Hi, Is it possible to downolad it? i like very much this scenery..:cool:

Country
china
Hello, this scenery is already completed. We are making preparations before the official release. It could be available on our site when published and we will inform you about that.:cool:

hcornea

Resource contributor
Country
australia
Thank-you very much for all the work, and very nice scenery.

I traveled to Xi'an in 2008, so looking forward to recreating that trip!

Country
unitedkingdom
It appears the scenery works perfectly in FSX as well! :D

Well....if you don't count not being placed on the runway when you load FSX.

Country
germany
Thanks much of scenery! Oh, a lot of Airline Parking, i make more parking AFCAD..!

News of next scenery..?