• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Skysoft Simulation Yulin Airport ZLYL

Country
china
Hi, we just completed another airport scenery in China.

Yulin Yuyang Airport
(Chinese: 榆林榆阳机场) (IATA: UYN, ICAO: ZLYL) is an airport serving the city of Yulin in Shaanxi Province, China. The airport opened in March 2008, which is located 15.5 km from the urban area of Yulin. Its construction started in 2005 and it was classified as a 4C grade civil regional airport.

(Source: Wikipedia)

Airlines Destinations
China Eastern Airlines Shanghai-Hongqiao, Xi'an
China Express Airlines Dalian, Shijiazhuang
China Southern Airlines Changsha, Guangzhou, Xi'an, Zhengzhou
China United Airlines
Beijing-Nanyuan
Hainan Airlines Beijing-Capital
Joy Air Taiyuan, Yinchuan
Okay Airways Kunming, Tianjin
Sichuan Airlines Xi'an
Tianjin Airlines Shijiazhuang, Xi'an
4_zpswrkg6agd.jpg~original

4_zpswrkg6agd.jpg~original

2_zpsjkri4kz3.jpg~original

3_zpskvqxq5fi.jpg~original

1_zpsnbazlzav.jpg~original

5_zps6yhhmsfw.jpg~original

6_zps8chwavri.jpg~original

Skysoftsimulation,
Did you really finish the production fs9 versions of your sceneries?

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Please make a FS2004 version!
May I have some opinions about FS2004?
I still support FS2004 for my scenery but I think I would stop that support in the near future.
The main reason for not supporting is: it makes me stick with the 1024x1024 texture only. If I make 2048x2048 texture sheet for FSX version, I cannot go back to FS9 version since downsize the texture sheet from 2048 to 1024 will make the texture blur. Splitting one texture sheet of 2048 to 4 sheets of 1024 is not fun at all since you need to unwrap all the models again and remap on 4 new texture sheets.
Do you agree with me, SkySoft?

Last edited:
Country
germany
Hello
I can understand your anger. But FS2004 is still a big passion for many users. It doesn`t matter how old it is.
A good friend of mine has FS2004, fsx, P3D, P3DV2, Xplane 10.31 and he spends more than 60% of his time for FS2004.
He spent a huge amount of money and he still loves the old one. He spents hundreds or thousands of hours in FS9 and he still tries to optimize it as good as possible. His AI traffic has 14GB.

And there are many like him. In germany, UK, russia many users still flying in FS2004.

I am a 100% user of FS2004 and the only way to bring me to another sim is to offer a new generation of flightsimulation. As you might red Dovetailsimulation is going to develop a new sim and may be they will do it right.

For example I like X-plane`s light effects, traffic, sky, lakes, water. But I don`t like many other points which were made better in FSX, P3D. But FSX and P3D are not a big evolution compared to FS2004.

Anyway, I know that a few other developers left FS9 like FSDT, PMDG, QW. But there are still a few designers out there who are still making addons for FS9.

Like tropicalsim, Drebciwiki Design, Thai Creation, A_A Sceneries, LatinVFR, T2G, germanairports, simbreeze and others.

China is a very neglected area in any FS and I`m using some of your freeware addons.

You wrote that you are going to leave FS2004 in the near future.

May you can tell us your future projects so that if you should decide to make one more and last airport for FS2004, that users can choose their favourite airport for FS9.

It is sad to read, that texture problems are the main reason for your descision.
Thank you for your answer!

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
a) Tic is not involved in Skysoft Simulations. He just stated his opinion as a developer of other sceneries.

b) As Tic correctly pointed out, FS9's limited capabilities in terms of texture resolution is is the main reason why developing for both FSX/P3D and FS9 is so complicated. An aircraft or scenery that is primarily developed for FSX requires a lot of work to be ported back to FS9 and an aircraft or scenery developed for FS9 does not run efficiently in FSX. I speak from experience.

c) Skysoft makes freeware airports, so they have the right to develop for any MSFS version they want. If the version used by a sizeable portion of the community is not the one that they make their airports for, that sizeable portion is simply out of luck.

d) FSX has a lot of neat and useful enhancements compared to FS9.

Country
ca-saskatchewan
May I have some opinions about FS2004?
If I make 2048x2048 texture sheet for FSX version, I cannot go back to FS9 version since downsize the texture sheet from 2048 to 1024 will make the texture blur. Splitting one texture sheet of 2048 to 4 sheets of 1024 is not fun at all since you need to unwrap all the models again and remap on 4 new texture sheet.
Do you agree with me, SkySoft?

Another amazing scenery from Skysoft. The work is superb. I am among the group who hopes there will be a FS9 version.

I am interested in the comments made by Tic concerning the texture degradation caused by the downsizing of texture sheets for FS9. I think FS9 users understand the limitations of that platform but might be prepared to accept lesser quality versions of scenery designed for FSX. I suppose it depends on how much degradation is acceptable. Tic, I wonder if you could give an example of the problem? (By the way, let me say your work is also superb!)

Greg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Sorry that I post my opinion cause a confusion. I'm A_A Sceneries. I still support FS9 but I would like to move to 2048 with higher resolution, less drawcall and better fps if I leave FS9 behind.
Hi Greg, I have example model in Gmax. I made Phuket Airport with baked texture 2048. I tried to switch it back to 1024 to support FS9 but I gave up since the quality is poor. The left picture the lower building is made of 2048 texture, the upper part still 1024. When I tried to resize 2048 to 1024, you can see the result of the lower building in the right picture. This is in Gmax but in FS9 the texture will be more blur because of mipmap. Please click on the photo and see the full size picture.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Skysoft, but I just want to point out what is the reason behind why developers stop supporting FS9.

Better wait for SkySoft's answer.

Last edited:
Hi Tic,

Thank you for your explanation and all FS9 sceneries. According the picture I dont see the big problem to 1024 resolution. No problem at all, really. We have been flying with this resolution for many years and were happy. And I think that is not a reason to stop supporting FS9 community. If developer has a time I belive his scenery will be claimed by us! Another question is a commercial sense. FSX/P3D versions are more profitable then fs9.

PS still hope to see more sceneries by Skysoft simulation for FS9

Country
china
Tic has helped us explained the reason why we tend to develop more FSX sceneries. The main factor is the limitation of FS9's support in texture resolution above 2048x2048. The other concern is the capability of supporting semi-transparent materials in FS9.