• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

So what else do you do besides developing for FS?

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I'm an Engineer. I actually design and build real airports.

Now *that* is majorly cool!

I'm hoping that my upcoming master's studies take me into a similar direction - even if it would just be inspecting and certifyin newly build airports. :D

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Humm, besides flight simulation? In my job I am a R&D Engineer in the field of flight simulation, so it might not be MSFS things I am working on, but it is still quite similar. So it is hard to imagine what I would do without working on a flight simulation.

I would probably spend more time on my racing bicycle :).

Country
faroeislands
When I don't work for AeroFiles creating some new products and stuff, I tend to turn on my xbox or ps3 and just sit and play some games :p

I don't fly that much more in the simulator, but every now and then I do.
Some friends of mine had hoped I did this more often, but ooh well :rolleyes:

Country
unitedstates
Retired U.S. Naval Officer off nuclear submarines. Currently working for the University of Oklahoma.

Jim

Country
unitedkingdom
What I do when not simming.

Spent 14 years in the RAF and use FS to recreate planes and airfields I had the best times with. Then followed 30 years with IBM as a software designer/developer and just can't stop programming. My favourite language is Delphi, though I have used most other "languages", most of which are awful in comparison, like the scrappy C and derivatives and Visual Basic - YUK. It's a pity there isn't a real operating system for the PC. Also have electronics as a hobby, R/C Flying, Painting, Writing Novels, Mecanno and I own a 50-acre farm and breed alpacas. Well into MIDI, and wrote a music compiler for it. So not a lot really! BTW, had FS since Bruce Artwick's version 1. Pity he didn't keep with it!

Last edited:
Country
panama
Flew my Cherokee for 16 years and sold it, so I rent a plane once in while and fly with a friend. Play with my 8th grandson with Railworks and Train simulator....but I really love to make "solid wood"(Mahogany) model airplanes...grow Hot Peppers in the garden from all over the world and pickle them!!! and enjoy going to Italy and France for vacations........:D:D:D

Imam Romeo--RO-1: 1/72 Scale
RO-1-PICS772006.jpg

B-18, BOLO( Much needed in FSX...great AAF plane.)

SM-81 "Pipistrello"(Bat)..won first price in Show in Milano, Italy back in 2004...Yes!!! it was the Only entry in the scratchbuilt category!!!!:eek::eek:

Been making these models for around 45 years....:)

Country
ireland
In my "normal career" i'm a transport design engineer in the area of Intelligent Transport Systems

JB3DG

Resource contributor
Country
southafrica
If im not in front of my PC i could be eating/sleeping/teasing my dog/out with my RC planes/Researching my latest solid fuel for my model rockets which is a bit potent to the point that they exceed the speed of sound and several thousand feet.....