• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Country
india
Hey,

I saw a couple of threads about this but couldn't find a suitable reply yet. I tried importing one of the demo Jetways using Model Converter X to get it into collada (.dae) and then Blender (import collada) but I don't seem to see any bones and rigging. It would be amazing to have a tutorial or some guidance regarding how to model and rig the jetways correctly in Blender. The rest of the workflow for scenery creation works really well out of blender with Blender2P3D, Model Converter X etc. I would really love to get the jetways to work in blender as well if possible.

Warm Regards,
Apoorv Pal

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Collada shouldn't be used if animations are needed. Try either obj or fbx... mostly likely fbx.

Country
india
Thanks Doug. I tried OBJ and FBX too. Collada and FBX got some empties along with the mesh but moving the empties does not deform the mesh so I don't think it would be able to move/animate the jetway. These didn't have bones either. OBJ just got the mesh, no empties and no bones so won't be useful. I guess I can get GMax and try the SDK there but the entire workflow except this part seemed to work almost flawlessly in Blender, would be great if this could be done in Blender too. I noticed there doesn't seem to be GMax plugins in the P3D SDK, do I need to buy 3DS Max for this or is there a way to get it running on GMax or Blender?

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Unfortunately, I don't use SODE. I take it that these jetways aren't yours? If not, maybe contact the owner(s) of the jetways.

Blender's toolset only creates and doesn't reverse engineer .bgl files. 3DMax doesn't either, as far as I know. As you have found out, MCX doesn't fully do so either.

Country
india
Well, I don't intend to use someone else's jetways. I was just trying to understand how it works since I couldn't find any guide for blender yet.

Country
us-maryland
I want to delete stairs (from jetways) left from MCX. I tried to delete the stairs with Blender and no success. I don't know how to use Blender just trying with to remove the items I want but errors. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Blender1.jpg
    Blender1.jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 159
  • Blender2.jpg
    Blender2.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Blender3.jpg
    Blender3.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 162
Country
india
I want to delete stairs (from jetways) left from MCX. I tried to delete the stairs with Blender and no success. I don't know how to use Blender just trying with to remove the items I want but errors. Any ideas?
Are you trying to rip the selection? To delete in edit mode, just select the required faces/vertices and type X, then click on what you'd like to delete (vertices, edges, faces etc.).

Country
us-maryland
Yes, I was trying to rip the selection in Edit Mode. Tried with all vertices, faces and all options, it won't rip out but error as per posted screenshot. I opened Blender one more time and loaded the OBJ file. Now I can't select the object for deletion (lol). I am learning Blender so I don't see how to select an object. I will have to deal with Blender to find out.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
What was the error? Besides, after you remove the stairs, you will have to make sure that materials and textures exists within and on the model.

You can't just import a model and remove something out of it and expect it to appear and look as before you imported into Blender.

Country
us-maryland
So, I should have the textures files on the same folder where resides the working OBJ file? It makes sense I will do that.
Just loaded Blender again and found a way to highlight after selecting the object for removal but Blender highlight as selected more areas around. I marked with green circle the objects I want to remove.
How to select specific area and just the object for deletion?

Attachments

• Blender selected.jpg
    Blender selected.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 149

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
You are not in edit mode, so you will not be able to select and delete anything. To change into edit mode, press the tab key.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
I suggest you watch a few tutorials on Blender... do some research on what you need or want to do before you do anything else.

Country
us-maryland
You are not in edit mode, so you will not be able to select and delete anything. To change into edit mode, press the tab key.
I tried again but error can't delete the selected object.

Attachments

• Blender Cannot delete.jpg
    Blender Cannot delete.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 134
Country
us-maryland
I suggest you watch a few tutorials on Blender... do some research on what you need or want to do before you do anything else.
I did watch some Blender tutorials from youtube but my needs is very simple, just select something to remove it. Can you please send me a link to watch on it to learn more?

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
That isn't an error. It's a warning. After you select the item you want deleted, press the 'X' key then the 'F' key.

You can not use the "Rip" command. Stop trying to Rip.

Country
us-maryland
OK, selected the item for deletion, pressed "X" and "F", not a success, the item still present. Tried again, selected the item and press "X" which it pops up a window with other options. I assume "F" means Face. I tried with all of the options and no success. The model file I am importing has FBX extension created by MCX. I will try with OBJ extension later. Many thanks for your great help. Just I wonder why it didn't work for me your recommended procedures.

Country
us-maryland
From Blender I was be able to remove the selected items and exported as FBX extension. Closed Blender and launched MCX and I imported the saved FBX file and the image was as expected. The selected items (6 stairs) were gone as I wanted. So, exported from MCX to BGL. I placed the new BGL file in scenery folder where it should be. Launched sim and the scenery lost the buildings. I can see the buildings in MCX and also in Blender but the sim doesn't show. Am I missing or skipping something?

Attachments

• Blender removed items.jpg
    Blender removed items.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 167
Country
us-maryland
I followed recommendations on items deletion selecting the item first then press "X" and "F" and the item still not deleted. But, after selecting the item and pressing "X" I pick the "dilution vertices" from the "X" dialog box and keeping selecting the remaining parts of the item deleting "vertices" and doing this action several times until the item becomes deleted. Am I doing right? The problem I get is the scenery at the end doesn't show the building visible in Blender and MCX.

Attachments

• LIMF selecting1.jpg
    LIMF selecting1.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 132
  • LIMF selecting2.jpg
    LIMF selecting2.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 133
  • LIMF selecting3.jpg
    LIMF selecting3.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 128
  • LIMF selecting4.jpg
    LIMF selecting4.jpg