• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

[Solved] Export from Blender to Model Converter X with textures

Country
germany
Hi there Blender users,

I have some experience in Blender, but less experience in game object design and design for Flight Sims. At the moment I need some help how to get an object imported to MCX correctly with texture.

What I have done so far (Blender 1,79b)...

- I created a simple cube for a test
- I UV unwrapped the cube
- I created a new image for the texture with dimensions of 1024 by 1024 from the UV Editor
- I created a node with Image Texture
- I baked the texture
- I saved the texture as .PNG
- I exported the object (I tried several formats that are support like Collada .dae)

So far so good. The baked texture looks like it should.

I now can import the object into ModelConverterX, but how to add the baked texture? In video tutorials I watched the texture is loaded directly with the object into MCX.

Am I missing a point where Blender puts the information about the texture file into the exported xml file like .dae?

I also tried the Blender2FSX Addon to check the export to .x format, but it's not working here with my 1.79b installation, it stops export with error messages.

Best,
Josten

Last edited:

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Have you created and baked in cycles render or blender render?

To export for mcx I'm pretty sure it needs to be in Blender render not cycles.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello..

Yes... the textures etc can be made in cycles... but once done everything needs to be saved in bender render... that for either through export to collada (.dae) or through blender2fsxp3d plugin.