• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 [Solved] Flatten area has one big mountain in middle of airport

Country
malaysia
Hi,

I have made my airport surrounding area flatten. But it has a mountain in middle (refer the images below):

1560665525718.png
in Sim P3D v4.5:

1560665611185.png

1560665741819.png

1560665916749.png

Hope someone could help.

Thank you.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
This may be a water polygon of wrong or different height. The problem can be solved by excluding the water polygon :)

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Could you please guide me where can find that exclusion? I never used that before.
At least I can try it :)

Start the ADE first and navigate to where the terrain anomaly is.
Then draw a polygon with the polygon tool in the ADE:

p3dv4_ade_exclude_polygon_1.jpg

After the polygon is drawn, you have to double-click with the mouse and in the opening folder dialog choose the desired options:

p3dv4_ade_exclude_polygon_2.jpg

That was all. After compiling the airport into a BGL file, there should be another file next to your ADE file. The file carries something in the name. ".. cvx.bgl". This file contains the exclusion polygon, the file must be copied to your Scenery folder (where your ADE file is located).

Try that and see how far you get with the info :)

Country
malaysia
I
At least I can try it :)

Start the ADE first and navigate to where the terrain anomaly is.
Then draw a polygon with the polygon tool in the ADE:

View attachment 50150

After the polygon is drawn, you have to double-click with the mouse and in the opening folder dialog choose the desired options:

View attachment 50151

That was all. After compiling the airport into a BGL file, there should be another file next to your ADE file. The file carries something in the name. ".. cvx.bgl". This file contains the exclusion polygon, the file must be copied to your Scenery folder (where your ADE file is located).

Try that and see how far you get with the info :)
have tried this. But the mountain is still visible there.

Country
malaysia
For those interested in helping. You guys can take a look at the files. Any help is appreciated.

Regards.

Attachments

• Mulu Scenery.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 208

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I have tried this. But the mountain is still visible there.

- maybe the polygon is too small and you have to select a larger area?
- maybe it's not a water polygon, but a river?

There are various water features that cause the anomaly and need to be excluded. I can explain the principle how to exclude something. It's up to you to try it out :)

Country
malaysia
Somewhat fix the triangular hill. I note everytime i hit compile on ADE an extra bgl file " WBMU_ADEP4_ADE_ALT.bgl" at Scenery\World\scenery is autogenerated. Removing that file seems to fix the weird hill.

You probably did not!
Make sure you move the airport like Jan (F70) said to its correct coordinates.
Next thing to do is to get rid of the default background flatten by "exclude specific\ airport backgrounds flatten", then add your new flatten and make sure that the 'stub' (the ALT.bgl) is in your scenery\world\scenery.
And like Christian said, make sure that both the excludes and the flattens are big enough to cover the completely wrong FSX/P3D default airport.
It sometimes takes a lot of work to make things right:).

Country
malaysia
You probably did not!
Make sure you move the airport like Jan (F70) said to its correct coordinates.
Next thing to do is to get rid of the default background flatten by "exclude specific\ airport backgrounds flatten", then add your new flatten and make sure that the 'stub' (the ALT.bgl) is in your scenery\world\scenery.
And like Christian said, make sure that both the excludes and the flattens are big enough to cover the completely wrong FSX/P3D default airport.
It sometimes takes a lot of work to make things right:).
Thanks for the input, yes i have identified which exclude to use and have reintroduced the ALT.bgl resulting in no more weird terrains.

Also how to shift the entire airport i saw some recommending s builder x to reference satelite image but i have little to no knowledge on how to use it. This is one of the few south east asian sceneries i have been waiting for payware release for years but it never happened was hoping someone more experience would do it.

Country
malaysia
I have uploaded the file for those interested in further developing this scenery. Yes actually coordinates is not correct but i will try to slowly study on how to relocate the positioning.

Regards.

Attachments

• Mulu-Airport-WBMU_2.zip
    22.6 KB · Views: 231

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
ADE can move a whole airport if you have a ProKey.