P3D v4 [Solved] Wierd lines on 2d volumetric grass

Hi everyone so i am having this issue where some wierd lines appear on the top of my 2d grass . I have checked the alpha of the image and there is nothing there moreover i tried increasing the alpha test level option in MCX it does reduce the lines but doesnt completely remove them setting more higher value is causing my grass to disappear aswell so i obviously dont want that , Any help in this regard would be appreciated
1549567924662.png

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
If you can get to the grass graphic using something like photoshop. Create a layer behind the grass picture and fill it with bright red then select the grass and zoom in. On occasions lines like this occur where lines are missed when deleting off or masking. The red layer may show through translucent pixels if any. Also try using a healing brush found in gimp
/photoshop etc. And go across the area. Save and test it while making a alpha channel. Remove the red layer before saving. It's there simply to help highlight "scratches". It's a trick used in picture compositing to highlight missed mask techniques.

If you can get to the grass graphic using something like photoshop. Create a layer behind the grass picture and fill it with bright red then select the grass and zoom in. On occasions lines like this occur where lines are missed when deleting off or masking. The red layer may show through translucent pixels if any. Also try using a healing brush found in gimp
/photoshop etc. And go across the area. Save and test it while making a alpha channel. Remove the red layer before saving. It's there simply to help highlight "scratches". It's a trick used in picture compositing to highlight missed mask techniques.
Alright i will try

it didnt work there are no lines there for instance i also erased the area but no luck

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
it didnt work there are no lines there for instance i also erased the area but no luck
I think the renderer is tiling the image so what you see is a fraction of the bottom row of pixels.
You can try to check "Force Texture Address Clamp" if you didn't tile the texture horizontally.
Otherwise you can still adjust the mapping slightly away from the top edge and you should be fine.

I think the renderer is tiling the image so what you see is a fraction of the bottom row of pixels.
You can try to check "Force Texture Address Clamp" if you didn't tile the texture horizontally.
Otherwise you can still adjust the mapping slightly away from the top edge and you should be fine.
Just tried it and it worked by checking "Force Texture Address Clamp" , thank you very much !

Solution is pretty easy, just import it in the Model Converter X, and then just add an empty LOD, then the grass model, will be show above other objects at the same level, and you will be able to see it fully and visibility would be full. :)