• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Some more work around the Bahamas.

Country
us-california
Hi,
Just spent some time going over the Berries, laying out some vegetation and custom made ground polys. Hope to get some help with custom buildings, but in the meantime those in the pics are freeware available.
berry003.jpg
berry08.jpg
berry09.jpg
berry12.jpg

Country
us-texas
annber, did you put a bump on the gpoly? If not, go do it it's a great candidate! :)

Also, have you tried placing grass with anotator? ;)

looking awesome!

David

Country
us-california
Thanks guys, still learning to do things though, and when you are older it takes longer.
David, I have meant to master the annotator but haven't had time to do, so everything is hand placed so far. Would absolutely love to learn how to make buildings though, but that takes also lots of time. I did not put a bump on the GP, I assume you mean the one in first pic. Now I have to read about doing a bump:). Got that texture here at the beach boardwalk.
Here is one more Berry that I forgot to include.
berry15.jpg

Country
us-texas
annotator is easy bro! and it eases on the framerates. I just experimented adding autogen buildings with "localized" textures and it worked well.
Try one of the tutorials and if u get stuck let me know!

Country
us-texas
Using Autogen also helps with seasonal vegetation (maybe not a big consideration for the tropics), and it accommodates users of certain paid add-on products like ORBX trees.

Really impressive work here, cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Ronald

Resource contributor
Those screenshots! what a wonderful environment to either fly of float around the amazing blue waters. Well done

Country
denmark
Thanks guys, still learning to do things though, and when you are older it takes longer.
David, I have meant to master the annotator but haven't had time to do, so everything is hand placed so far. Would absolutely love to learn how to make buildings though, but that takes also lots of time. I did not put a bump on the GP, I assume you mean the one in first pic. Now I have to read about doing a bump:). Got that texture here at the beach boardwalk.
Here is one more Berry that I forgot to include.View attachment 33882
Hi
Your screens look great!
Buildings are easy to model. The easy approach is Sketchup, but it has a terrible pitfall in terms of making models with too many vertices and polygons if you follow the standard procedure. GMAX is slightly more complicated, but to do a simple building the most difficult is to install and set-up GMAX - but there are plenty of tutorials. One good advice no matter if you use one or another - start with doing a texture sheet with all the faces of your building - and preferably more buildings. Never use the inherent materials in the modelling tool to paint models. It reduces visual appearance and increases drawcalls. Working with texture, the more models you can have on one texture sheet, the better performance. Next do the modeling.

Country
us-california
Thanks for the comments:), looks like I will be taking time this weekend to work with the annotator, but still will hand place some trees for effects. Building modeling would be next, although I have gotten some help from fellow members, for which I am very thankful.
I also want to thank Alex Celis for his excellent SkyBahamas textures for the Carenado B1900D. Here is his work and a couple of more pics that shows the extend of the water mask for this area.
sky2.jpg
sky4.jpg

Ronald

Resource contributor
Keep on going, Keep on going, this scenery looks great!

How is the view from a (virtual sailing) boat perspective?

Country
us-california
bim15.jpg
rockint2.jpg
carrier_landing.jpg
Keep on going, Keep on going, this scenery looks great!

How is the view from a (virtual sailing) boat perspective?
Thanks Ronald, not exactly virtual sailing, but close enough;)
Even inserted on my scenery an excellent freeware carrier for landings, although I haven't quite mastered the approach.

Ronald

Resource contributor
Thanks for posting the floater-based water-shots! They look amazing Annber

Even inserted on my scenery an excellent freeware carrier for landings, although I haven't quite mastered the approach.
Check your tailhook and your [PM] for a few hints on this tricky matter :)

Please say you are still working on this beautiful scenery and that the two month silence is not because you gave given up or anything.. Dont know if this will be freeware or payware but if payware I will be first in line to purchase :)

Mike