FSX Sometimes i miss the old days.

Hi all,

Was just thinking with all the talk of the new FS2020 how it was in the old days as I have found memories of many happy hours flying out of meigs.
I remember waiting two hours (2mb) for this.....

to download and it was so epic moving parts and thinking it cant get much better than this lol. Going to Electronic Boutique and being able to buy
physical CD's and add to your hangar. And each new Flight Sim just got better. But as the world changed so did the Flight Sim market.

Was FS98 better that FSX or P3D or Xplane no of course not but part of me does miss the excitement of those days.

Also who remembers Flight Unlimited 3 that was good still need a good lake renegade for FSX/P3D.

Cheers
Matt

Hi all,

Was just thinking with all the talk of the new FS2020 how it was in the old days as I have found memories of many happy hours flying out of meigs.
I remember waiting two hours (2mb) for this.....

to download and it was so epic moving parts and thinking it cant get much better than this lol. Going to Electronic Boutique and being able to buy
physical CD's and add to your hangar. And each new Flight Sim just got better. But as the world changed so did the Flight Sim market.

Was FS98 better that FSX or P3D or Xplane no of course not but part of me does miss the excitement of those days.

Also who remembers Flight Unlimited 3 that was good still need a good lake renegade for FSX/P3D.

Cheers
Matt
Yes indeed ! Sometimes I am starting my fly from Meigs. Here was started my first fly with my flightsimulator from SUBLogic for the Commodore C64.
Now I am flying with the FS9 . No other , because I have a lot of Airports , Planes and others. Happy landings and "Holm und Rippenbruch" !!

One of the first things I did when I got FSX was pull Meigs out of FS9 and install it in FSX.
***** Mayor Daley.

I remember watching the opening of USA World Cup '94 and the first thing I recognized when they showed the aerial view of Chicago was Meigs Field just aside the stadium.... good times.
Edit: MSFS teach me more about Geography that my teachers in school :D

Heretic

Resource contributor

They don't make them like this anymore. Charming, quirky and utterly clever behind the scenes (CFD!!!).