• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Southport YSPT - Gold Coast

Country
australia
After a long break from Flight Simulator and developing I would like to introduce Southport (YSPT) for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

For those of you living around the Gold Coast or Brisbane I'm sure you've heard about or maybe even visited Southport before, however if you're not familiar, Southport is a private flying club located just a short flight north of the famous Gold Coast and south of Brisbane. The surrounding area is known for its beautiful beaches and lush landscapes.

The airport caters for single engine aircraft featuring one runway (778m long) with a displaced threshold on both runway ends due to the proximity of the trees. Next to the threshold of runway 19 you will find a community of Kangaroos calling Southport home and its very common to find them grazing in the surrounding fields. Our scenery was created from hundreds of reference photos and we made sure to make full use of current techniques available today.

We truly hope you will enjoy this airport and hope to share more projects with you soon! Any Requests? Send us an email and we will consider.

Southport Features

• Hand Crafted Rendition of Southport
  • MSFS Native Product
  • Numerous bespoke details from hundreds of source photographs
  • Realistic airport buildings using PBR Materials
  • Animated Kangaroos and People
  • Located in an area of high-resolution imagery
  • Detailed mesh with sloped taxiways
  • Unique elevated hangers built up the hill
  • Hand drawn detailed apron and runway layout/textures
  • Custom photoreal signs
  • Static Aircraft and AI Ready
  • Dynamic lighting

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Country
germany
That looks great!
Did you do the animation of the Kangaroos with Blender?
I have the problem when I animate in Blender with amature and bones that everything is displayed distorted.

Country
azerbaijan
That is looking aweosme. Where is it available?

Woul you mind sharing how did you create the approns texture? Im also in need to do that for my scenery. Cheers.

Country
australia
That looks great!
Did you do the animation of the Kangaroos with Blender?
I have the problem when I animate in Blender with amature and bones that everything is displayed distorted.
Thank you!

Yes the Kangaroos are animated in Blender, initially I had the exact same problem (the Kangaroo would morph into some Alien looking creature within the sim). This happened to me when I would animate along a path, the solution I found was using key frames and manually animating the kangaroo for the X,Y,Z axis depending where I wanted it to go (no path). What you see in the video is the result of a 1200 key frame animation.

Country
australia
That is looking aweosme. Where is it available?

Woul you mind sharing how did you create the approns texture? Im also in need to do that for my scenery. Cheers.
Just testing the installer now, it will be available for this weekend.

Apron textures have been created and implemented using the SDK in-game, it's an excellent tool. Have a play around with the layers and different materials and see what results you can achieve.

Country
germany
Thank you!

Yes the Kangaroos are animated in Blender, initially I had the exact same problem (the Kangaroo would morph into some Alien looking creature within the sim). This happened to me when I would animate along a path, the solution I found was using key frames and manually animating the kangaroo for the X,Y,Z axis depending where I wanted it to go (no path). What you see in the video is the result of a 1200 key frame animation.
Ok thank you and good to know that not only I have the problem.

Did you use the AnimAll add-on in Blender or how did you manage to set keyframes in edit mode?

Country
austria
i think it should be possible to pose an object with bones and if you have done that bake the animation into key frames.
dont know how this is done but maybe a google search "blender bake animation" will give the right hint.

Country
australia
Sounds correct! I used pose mode and just manipulated the bones for the keyframes (for example 0 ground, 20 mid point jump, 40 landing) Blender mixed the animations between.

Country
unitedstates
After a long break from Flight Simulator and developing I would like to introduce Southport (YSPT) for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

For those of you living around the Gold Coast or Brisbane I'm sure you've heard about or maybe even visited Southport before, however if you're not familiar, Southport is a private flying club located just a short flight north of the famous Gold Coast and south of Brisbane. The surrounding area is known for its beautiful beaches and lush landscapes.

The airport caters for single engine aircraft featuring one runway (778m long) with a displaced threshold on both runway ends due to the proximity of the trees. Next to the threshold of runway 19 you will find a community of Kangaroos calling Southport home and its very common to find them grazing in the surrounding fields. Our scenery was created from hundreds of reference photos and we made sure to make full use of current techniques available today.

We truly hope you will enjoy this airport and hope to share more projects with you soon! Any Requests? Send us an email and we will consider.

Southport Features

• Hand Crafted Rendition of Southport
  • MSFS Native Product
  • Numerous bespoke details from hundreds of source photographs
  • Realistic airport buildings using PBR Materials
  • Animated Kangaroos and People
  • Located in an area of high-resolution imagery
  • Detailed mesh with sloped taxiways
  • Unique elevated hangers built up the hill
  • Hand drawn detailed apron and runway layout/textures
  • Custom photoreal signs
  • Static Aircraft and AI Ready
  • Dynamic lighting

View attachment 63472View attachment 63473View attachment 63474View attachment 63475View attachment 63476

Dude this is amazing!!! I was wishing for this to be modeled, I lived in Runaway Bay and would visit here frequently and filmed a short film in the other side of the airport (They also filmed Kong Skull Island in the same stand of trees). Now I have to do up a repaint for Jeff McTaggert's helo in the colors they used for Flipper!!! Can't wait for your release, I'm currently working on Brisbane City and really want to do up Archerfield...

BTW I have some photos and video of Southport, video is better but I have to locate all of it and edit it.

Attachments

• IMG_1973.JPG
    IMG_1973.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_5756.PNG
    IMG_5756.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5760.PNG
    IMG_5760.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_5761.PNG
    IMG_5761.PNG