"Spare" key mappings in button assignments

It would be great if in future versions of FS, the control button assignments dialog had a subsection "Spare", and listed under that was a list of "Spare 1" to "Spare 20" (or whatever, but at least 20) key assignments that would map to events TOGGLE_SPARE_1 (KEY_TOGGLE_SPARE_1) etc.

That way if we build aircraft systems that there's not a representative key mapping for we can use those and not have to re-use existing mappings that aren't used by our particular aircraft, (which confuses users.)

Additionally, if SimConnect were able to rename the names of these events as listed in the button assignment dialogs, it would make even more sense for a user when they set up their key assignments. (The Standard.xml file need only record the event names, "SPARE_1" etc., and not worry about the SimConnect renaming.)

Si

PS. Oh, and please put back in default mappings for all of the lighting systems. Why is there no key assignment for nav lights??

n4gix

Resource contributor
PS. Oh, and please put back in default mappings for all of the lighting systems. Why is there no key assignment for nav lights??
There has never been a key assignment for nav lights... It would be nice if there were, but...

I have two gentlemen under contract whom I send to visit folks and rip out the "light keys" from their keyboards...

I take pains to create custom lighting controls and insist folks use 'em! :D

On a related note: It would be nice if they would include events to fail/unfail all possible failures and provide sim vars to read their current states also.

There's so many little things like this and the light switches that they should be able to add easily and it would make like so much easier for developers. I'd take that over a lost elephant and meaningless certificate for finding it anyday!

Si