• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Spokane International Airport (KGEG)

Country
us-idaho
Decided to use effects on the light poles and I'm fairly happy with the results. Still debating on whether to keep the texture more blended or maybe add a bit of a 'sparkle.' Aside from that news, the jetway night lighting is coming along. Lighting is proving to be one of the harder bits in this ongoing process.

20_zpsdedf5e0f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Country
us-idaho
I'm now working on a custom ground poly for the main apron around the terminal. I think it'll add quite a bit to the model!

22_zps04124143.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Country
us-idaho
A small update:

Only a couple quirks need to be worked out of the terminal before it is complete. With that aside, the FSdeveloper conference left me inspired to create a photo-base and ground polys. So far, I have incorporated winter/summer variations for the imagery. It turned out to be much easier to create than I previously thought; the aerial imagery presentation really helped! The ground polygons are being created in GMax. GMax is beginning to seem a lot easier to use after a couple years of practice. :cool:

[\IMG]

[\IMG]

[\IMG]

Last edited:
Country
germany
Looking awesome! Ground-poly really does make a tremendous difference - i honestly avoid any default-ground textures whenever i can....

Thanks for making this beauty! Let me know if you need some beta-tester! :D

Regards, chris

Country
us-idaho
Thanks guys.

Here's one extra photo. Still need to add tire wear, tar patches, etc..

[\IMG]

Last edited:
Country
us-virginia
We need more quality small/regional airports in FSX/P3D. Keep up the good work. Your project is stunning.

Todd

Country
unitedstates
Some mighty fine modeling work there - sir...
;)

I'm so tired of Bravo's - so glad to see the smaller airports getting some attention...

Regards,
Scott

Country
us-idaho
Many thanks.

I created a test hangar in blender to see if I could add some ambient occlusion. Needless to say, I'm hooked! The amount of depth you can add to a model with just a few simple mouse clicks is unbelievable! Still much to learn, but I will definitely be utilizing Blender when modeling from now on. :D

[/IMG]

Last edited:
Country
us-ohio
Totalicious awsomeness

Hey! I just wanted to give you a shout out!! for making some really great tutorials. The gmax ground poly is the "to me" the holy grail of accomplishment in taxiway/runway creation. Its just nice to find - all in one place - the answers to every question i think ive ever asked on this forum!

I just wanted to THANK YOU!

when you put spokane up for testing or for download - I'd love to have a copy or help in any way i can!

...sweet...

Country
us-idaho
Hey! I just wanted to give you a shout out!! for making some really great tutorials. The gmax ground poly is the "to me" the holy grail of accomplishment in taxiway/runway creation. Its just nice to find - all in one place - the answers to every question i think ive ever asked on this forum!

I just wanted to THANK YOU!

when you put spokane up for testing or for download - I'd love to have a copy or help in any way i can!

...sweet...

Very much appreciate the feedback! Always happy to know that the tutorials are helping people out. :cool:

Country
us-idaho
I learned Blender from many various youtube videos. After that, I created a few tutorials that I posted on my channel in which I create a simple hangar. And yes, that is my channel. ;)

The plan is to pretty much create the rest of the airport objects in Blender. I was beginning to have so much fun that I couldn't resist modeling a jetway and concourse, however, creating a new terminal in blender is not the main focus right now. All of these photos are screenshots taken from Blender with AO bake. Probably about time to start texturing some things. :cool:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited:
Country
us-idaho
Working on the textures for the airport tower, Associated Painters hangar, and various outbuildings:

[\IMG]

[\IMG]

[\IMG]

Country
us-minnesota
Very well done! I must say, your modeling skills are quite good. And you definitely are better at those textures than I am.