• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Spokane International Airport (KGEG)

Country
us-washington
This is amazing!!!

I've been waiting for a good Geiger rendition for years! I used to Command a Field Artillery Battery for the WAARNG there. The Infantry Battalion was also located there years ago, but have sinced moved to a new facility. We used to have a bunch of old Marsden Matting in the parking lot behind our building that butted up next to the taxiway.

Can't wait to see more progress :)

Last edited:
Country
us-idaho
Thanks for the enthusiasm guys..

I continue to work on this at my own pace, which means things are slow. Regardless of speed, I do feel like I'm making progress and I now feel like a have a good "solid footing" on this project. I do plan to make this mesh with Orbx PNW, but I still need to contact them about some things.

Making all the tire streaks and ware for the taxiways is proving to be difficult. Most of my problems involve trying to hide the seams between the textures. The best method I have found for curbing the problem is to align things very precisely.

It's a very small preview, but I guess it's better than nothing! WIP!!
[/IMG]

Country
us-ohio
Will you be doing a photoreal area around the airport?
I'd suggest just tossing in some aircraft models at the gates for those of us who don't use traffic, such as what ORBX does with airports like Jackson or Bozeman.

Country
us-idaho
I may expand the photoreal area to include a couple of major interchanges near airport. This would mainly be in the interest of those who do not own Orbx PNW, where blending the photoreal scenery with default is harder.

I do hope to include some static aircraft. Especially several business jets hanging around the executive terminal. I think these models will wait until towards the end of the project because they are so time consuming to create.

Country
us-ohio
If I'm correct ORBX Spokane includes some landmarks so it may be worth just skipping those and releasing the airport when you finish it and have some static models. You should go post this at the ORBX forums, they'ed love to see this.

Country
us-ohio
What kind of FPS do you get just taxing around like when you were in the skymaster?
If you own something like the NGX, what do you get in that?

Country
us-idaho
What kind of FPS do you get just taxing around like when you were in the skymaster?
If you own something like the NGX, what do you get in that?

No FPS impact as of right now, but there's still plenty to add. Not much can be said about performance at this point.

in the words of king julien from madagascar " how long is this going to take?"

i wonder

I'm a one man army, so a while. :p

Country
us-idaho
That's one day time texture down! Hoping my scratch made textures make the cut..

[/IMG]
1_zpsd5df2c0f.jpg

Still need to kill the grass around it, but here's a raw export into the sim:

[/IMG]

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
This building looks really nice.
I tried blender before and then I switched back to Gmax.
I think whatever works for you is the best.

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
It looks very nice! I assume you applied some baking already?

Nice to see more Blender users :D

Country
us-idaho
It looks very nice! I assume you applied some baking already?

Nice to see more Blender users :D

Thanks. Yes, just a simple AO bake. Sure is lot easier than shading things yourself! I'm now trying to bake night lighting. A little trickier for me, but should work out nicely.

[/IMG]