• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Spotlights does not appear ? [SOLVED]

Country
france
Hello!
I use the following video tutorial to create my dynamic lights.

I make a "light" effect with visual effect tool and then with MCX I affix to the MDL this effect then I do with MCX and attached object Editor a Spotlight effect.

Spot4.jpg

Spot3.jpg

Spot2.jpg

Both effects are placed in the same place on the MDL. I export the object in MDL for P3DV4.4, I copy the two fx files in the effects directory of P3D. I compile the MDL into BGL for P3DV4.4 and I copy this BGL into the scenery directory of my scene after positioning it with ADE.

spot1.jpg

unfortunately the spootlight effect does not appear in P3D.

I used this method for other scene and everything was good. I do not understand. I use the SDK 4.4.16.27106 and MCX latest version.
Thank you in advance for your help...

The MCX spotlight function generates a new fx file with the autogenerated name, not the custom file name you typed in. The bgl is looking for the autogenerated name I think.

Load the bgl back into mcx and look at the attached effects and what names of effects it is referencing to check. You can then change the effect name to your preferred file name and recompile bgl.

Bit confused though why you are attaching an effect, but also creating a spotlight. They double up on the job?

Country
france
Hello!
thank you for the answer. The effect is well created with the defined name. I found why it did not work. The object comes from an old FS2004 library. To use it I declared this library in P3DV4. The object I created had the same GUID number. by changing the GUID with MCX everything works :) :banghead:

KSEZSpotLight.jpg

thank you in any case for the interest in my problem.