• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Standard FS2004 Concord nose animation not working.

Country
italy
I need to export one of my FS2004's model to FSXA. The model made with FSDS 3.15 and compiled with makemdl.exe works well in fs2004. To animate a bomb bay doors I used the keyframed Concord nose animation without any problems. When I exported the model to FSXA the animation doesn't work any more. I assigned the proper key press to the model without success. The funny thing is that the same animation tagged to concord nose of an older version of the same model exported to FSXA but compiled with the built in compiler of FSDS2 works without problem.
Is there any developer that can help me to understand why this happens.?The concord nose and visor tag also if is an old tag of FS2002 is still present in the setting controls button keys of FSXA.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
What about tagging it with a different key, like "Water Rudder" or "Folding Wings"?

The FSXA/ESP SDK lists the following simulation variables for the Concorde nose:
Code:
[b]CONCORDE VISOR NOSE HANDLE[/B] 
One of:
0: visor up, nose down
1: visor down, nose up
2: visor down, nose 5 degrees
3: visor down, nose 12.5 degrees

Enum

[B]CONCORDE VISOR POSITION PERCENT[/B] 
0 = up, 1.0 = extended/down  

Percent over 100

[B]CONCORDE NOSE ANGLE[/B] 
0 = up  

Radians

Could this have changed from FS9 to FSX?

D

Deleted member 1281

Concorde visor no longer listed in FSX SDK. A FSDS V2 version probably works because it uses the FS9 exporter, and the compiled mdl is treated as a portover in FSX. As Bjoern says, do a 0-100 animation and assign it to spoiler, water rudder, or wing fold.

Country
italy
Many thanks for the quick replay. For what concern using a different tag like tailhook or wing fold, I have already used or tried them , tailhook for a radar radome up an down and the wing fold unfold is not suitable because doesn't work in flight, where i need that the bomb bay door would open. The model, a MD/Breguet Atlantic 1 uses many other animations, like spoilers on wings. There is also a tail crew door and stairs for which I'm using passenger door tag. There is only left water rudder which i'll go to try.

Roy Holmes

Resource contributor
Country
us-virginia
Quote"Concorde visor no longer listed in FSX SDK"
Not so:Aircraft Miscellaneous Data

Roy
CONCORDE VISOR NOSE HANDLE
One of:
0: visor up, nose down
1: visor down, nose up
2: visor down, nose 5 degrees
3: visor down, nose 12.5 degrees
Enum N All aircraft
CONCORDE VISOR POSITION PERCENT 0 = up, 1.0 = extended/down Percent over 100 N -
CONCORDE NOSE ANGLE 0 = up
Radians

N

D

Deleted member 1281

Yup, correct. My apologies, must've mistyped the search query.

Why the error then? Was there a special file such as concorde.gau or .dll that had to be present in gauges\ to make it work?