• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Starting FSX with a mission

Country
belgium
Is it possible to start FSX in a mission mode?
It can be done with a saved flight, when I make that flight the default flight (I checked off the show opening screen).

If you load a mission, you can't make it as a default mission...

In FSX.cfg I find:
[STARTUP]
DEMO=0
SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=0
STARTUP_DEMO=
LoadWindow=1

Can I change DEMO= 0 to DEMO=1. I think I can, but what to do with STARTUP_DEMO= ????
Is this for a startup mission, or is this for something else?

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Not really sure what you like to do but there is no default mision that can be set and a mission will not show up in the saved flights list.

If you want FSX to launch a mission directly on startup you can create a desktop shortcut pointing to the according mission.flt file
The syntax in the shortcut is command line style.for example:
C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\FSX\fsx.exe C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\FSX\Missions\My mission\mission.flt

Hope this helps,
Dave

Country
belgium
Thank you dave. That's what I was looking for.
For an exhibition I want to boot a computer with FSX, in a mission-mode: so, power on, and FSX starts with the mission. Without the help of a person, mouse or keyboard. Only pressing the power-button.
I can place the shortcut in the start directory.
Thank You!

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
If you want to support multiple missions, you may want to look into kiosk mode. See kiosk.rtf and KioskSettings.cfg in the root Microsoft Flight Simulator X directory for additional information.

Country
belgium
I tested kiosk. But this is not what I want. I want to program one mission with several small missions in it. So there will be always animation on the screen with voice.
I already know how to program another plane, a different place, change the time, make a menu, program a key without a menu, and so on...

Greetings

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Sounds cool. ;)

I recently worked on a concept generating a random mission and launching FSX directly into it.

Country
belgium
If you want to support multiple missions, you may want to look into kiosk mode. See kiosk.rtf and KioskSettings.cfg in the root Microsoft Flight Simulator X directory for additional information.
I have now a mission where you can choose (with a menu) an airplane: a cessna, a Extra 300 or a deltawing. Then the person can fly 4 minutes with that plane. After that time, the airplane is set to it's starting place, and the menu is back on the screen, for the next pilot to choose...

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
I have now a mission where you can choose (with a menu) an airplane: a cessna, a Extra 300 or a deltawing. Then the person can fly 4 minutes with that plane. After that time, the airplane is set to it's starting place, and the menu is back on the screen, for the next pilot to choose...
Good to hear you got it working the way you want. :)