Starting open-source scenery community

If anyone is interested, Wild Weasel Simulations is starting an open-source scenery community so we can put our scenery design heads together to improve certain aspects of the flight simulation experience. My intent is to have both payware and freeware products, but I would like for public areas (roads, national parks, water, etc.) to be free. For example, I am in the process of converting publicly available USGS 1/3 arc-second data into 10-meter terrain mesh for FSX/P3D. Once Phase 1 is complete, I will move on to adding highly accurate water vectors, then road and rail networks, and eventually photoreal national parks.

These areas are public; both the data/imagery and their real-world locations are belong to us taxpayers. Further products would be payware (profits from which would be fairly split with our family of contributors), but accurately placed transportation and water, highly accurate terrain, and ortho imagery transformed my once-bland flight simulator into something that has given me dozens of locations I absolutely have to visit in real-life now that I never otherwise would have known about. I would like for others to have similar experiences if possible.

Link is in the signature. Feel free to contact me there or via message in this forum.

Best regards,