• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX:SE Static Aircraft showing in ADE but not FSX

Country
us-newyork
I tried to follow a thread from a couple years ago about this but I can't seem to follow along.

I have every going good so far,
Created the static aircraft
Viewer showed it good
Placed it in a library
Put it at an airport in ADE
....all looks good
I have even placed new library objects that were in the libraries that came with ADE, those show, but not the ones I created.
Please help! It's driving me crazy trying to figure this out.
I feel like I'm missing one thing....
Also I used SAMM to create the static

What needs to go to what folders, im confused.

Country
us-florida
One or both of the following may be why you don't see your objects or static aircraft in FSX:SE. Any object library that you have added to ADE also needs to be copied into the Scenery folder for the airport that you are working on. The textures for any of these library objects including the static aircraft need to go into the accompanying Texture folder.

Country
us-newyork
One or both of the following may be why you don't see your objects or static aircraft in FSX:SE. Any object library that you have added to ADE also needs to be copied into the Scenery folder for the airport that you are working on. The textures for any of these library objects including the static aircraft need to go into the accompanying Texture folder.

OH!! They need to go to the scenery folder for the airport itself! That makes more sense! I will try that.
Thank you!

Country
us-newyork
And I'm still not getting anything.......the only good thing is, I do have a big black airbus sitting on the runway, but nothing else

Country
us-florida
In FSX your folders should look like this.
Addon Scenery
Your Airport folder - contains scenery and texture folders
Scenery folder - contains all files compiled by ADE that end in .bgl and any object library .bgl files that you have created and are using objects from in your airport.
Texture folder - contains all image files that are used on the objects in your library .bgl file(s).

Alternatively your can do it this way. The way above is recommended.
Addon Scenery
scenery - put in your compiled ADE files that end in .bgl and your object library .bgl file(s).
texture - put in all your image files that are used on the objects in your library .bgl(s).

The black airbus sitting on the runway sounds like FSX found the model data for the airbus but not the textures that are used on it.

Country
us-newyork
I must have something wrong, like folders or files in wrong places. I got a KC10 that I made, to appear, but there are no engines on it.