• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Still problem with the island

In yet another mini scenery project I have an airport I am modifying. This airport is right on the coast (perpendicular). There is a small island just offshore that I also wanted to manipulate to make it more like the real one.

I did the following

a) Within my project a KML folder called "The Island", Therein the following
items (see b and onwards)
b) A square polygon (just about the size of the island) tagged Exclude__WaterPolys
c) The same poly from (B) but tagged Hydro Polygons Generic Perennial Ocean
d) Polygon hole with the form of the island
e) a copy of (D) but tagged Shorelines Generic Ocean
f) a copy of (D) but tagged LandClass Poly Grass (until I find something more appropiate).

What happens is that just offshore there is now a large piece of ground created :( [not what I intended] and the boundary between this phantom ground and the real ground (the coastal shoreline) there is some water running, it is part of the original shoreline but I don't know why that happens.

And then finally within that large part of phantom ground I can see my small square polygon (from step B) filled with water and therein my little island.

How can I have the original water come back to where it was, still have my island and NOT have to modify the original coastal shoreline?

The ocean texture comes in tiles. It's quite possible that your exclude poly overlaps two tiles and your new water poly is not big enough to cover two missing ocean tiles. If you've been really unlucky, you have four ocean tiles removed.
The solution is to make your new water polygons big enough to cover the unwanted land.

As it happens what I just did was to remove the small water polygon that was the same size as the square exclude hydro polygon.

Then instead of that I managed to eliminate th entire phantom landmass by using the LOD Extent Calculator with LOD9 to create the polygon tagged with perennial ocean water. Now my island is there (though I have not managed to raise it above sea level, it shows flat even with altitude of 10 meters) and eliminate the shores so that they don't show.

I am still having the weird error with the resampler though, might be related to this problem.