P3D v4 Stock ATIS reporting on runways which don't exist

I have run into this issue with P3Dv4 a handful of times at the stock KLAL & KPBI where the ATIS will report runways which do not exist. For example, using LAL, the ATIS will say "departing Runway 9, Runway 10, Runway 11 and Runway 12" but in actuality, there are no runways 10, 11 or 12 at LAL. I have opened both airports in ADE and I cannot find any faults.

Any ideas on what causes this and how to fix it? It's obviously not a huge issue but it is annoying.

Hi,

Go to Lists/Runways and I bet you will see that long list of runways. It's a known limitation of ADE and AFCAD files that use the "crosswind runway technique" to open up more runways that just the parallel ones. Nothing you can do short of not using that file.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello...

Is it possible that you have a 3rd party airport installed (such as Orbx, etc.) - which wouldn't show up in the default airport when loaded in ADE? My defaults of the 2 airports mentioned are voicing the correct runways available.

I haven't installed any third part scenery but I am using a few addons including Active Sky, AH2 and Global Traffic. It's possible one of those programs have manipulated the scenery files.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
I would say that it was... either Active Sky or Global Traffic would be my guess. Not familiar with AH2.

I haven't installed any third part scenery but I am using a few addons including Active Sky, AH2 and Global Traffic. It's possible one of those programs have manipulated the scenery files.
Using ADE, have you looked at the "File Priority Analyser" under the "Tools" menu?

This will confirm or otherwise whether you have extra scenery files for your airport.

Correction, I keep saying Global Traffic but it's actually Traffic Global by Just Flight.
I assume that, when installing Traffic Global, it loaded its scenery folder at the 'top' of the scenery listings (I am assuming that P3D-V4 has a similar scenery priority system as FSX)? Are there no instructions to tell you to put it at a lower priority to any 'user' sceneries?

I assume that, when installing Traffic Global, it loaded its scenery folder at the 'top' of the scenery listings (I am assuming that P3D-V4 has a similar scenery priority system as FSX)? Are there no instructions to tell you to put it at a lower priority to any 'user' sceneries?
I haven't come across anything about the scenery priority list in the Traffic Global files yet (it's still an early access program so the documentation is a bit scarce). I have found an easy workaround though.

I found the location of the TG AFCADs and renaming the files disables them in P3D. I opened a handful of the TG AFCADS in ADE and from what I can tell the only differences between them and the stock P3D files are the inclusion of airline IATA codes in the gates to allow for more realistic parking arrangements at the terminals. The TG files also occasionally have a few extra gates/parking spots to allow for additional AI flights. It's easy enough to modify the stock files to match the TG ones. Ideally, I would prefer to simply fix the issues with the TG AFCAD files and reuse them but, I'm not sure where to compile them after I make the necessary changes. I haven't been able to figure out how those files are being loaded into P3D.

I haven't come across anything about the scenery priority list in the Traffic Global files yet (it's still an early access program so the documentation is a bit scarce). I have found an easy workaround though.
I was talking about the Scenery Library in FSX where you can alter the position of a scenery to give it a higher or lower priority than another. Is there something similar in P3D?

lib.jpg

I found the location of the TG AFCADs and renaming the files disables them in P3D. I opened a handful of the TG AFCADS in ADE and from what I can tell the only differences between them and the stock P3D files are the inclusion of airline IATA codes in the gates to allow for more realistic parking arrangements at the terminals. The TG files also occasionally have a few extra gates/parking spots to allow for additional AI flights. It's easy enough to modify the stock files to match the TG ones. Ideally, I would prefer to simply fix the issues with the TG AFCAD files and reuse them but, I'm not sure where to compile them after I make the necessary changes. I haven't been able to figure out how those files are being loaded into P3D.
I strongly suspect that the TG AFCADs have been ported over from Traffic X / Traffic 360. These were based upon the stock FSX files but with changes to mainly the parking to accommodate the AI that these programs provided. These files did not have any scenery objects so it is awkward to edit them (moving/adding extra spots). Parking codes had been added in some places also. It would be interesting to know if any further work has been done to the TG AFCADs to bring them up to a better standard.

There is something similar and currently, Traffic Global is set to number 2 on the list just below the Addon Scenery. I'm still pretty new to P3D though and currently none of the files that are below TG on the priority list really stand out to me as ones I should move up.