• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Suvarnabhumi Airport (VTBS armi_tic_FSX)

Country
ireland
How do you get it to follow your roads/bridges etc? Do you import an your imagery into sbuilder so you can trace the lines?

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi Terry,
You have to follow the position in FSX by using Sbuilder-X and choose menu "show airplane" to show the position. I used photo but it was not precise enough since the world in FSX is round but on the monitor or the satellite picture is flat. So there is some miss alignment, I guess. It is very tedious job since you need to follow the positions in FSX very precisely. In a straight road, it is easy but on the curve bridge, each point on the line has to be closed together to prevent cars falling of the bridge. In video you can see some cars falling and going back on the bridge too. I have to redo in some places.

Country
thailand
Tic, I sure will be glad when u finish this FSX one. The VTBS i have now is really awful!! From what u have shown it is gonna outdo the FS9 version!!

Moe Works

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Quite a while I didn't post any progresses. Here are some screen shots:

There are alomost 100 jetways in this airport. To help frame rate, I think I'll leave them to be stat'ic jetway since animated one will hurt frame rate so badly
I think it is better to use AES.
vtbs.jpg

vtbs2p.jpg

There are a lot of draining cannals. The reflexion on the water is breathtaking shot.
waterreflexion.jpg

FSX03.jpg

Bump mapping makes jetways look so real.
FSX02.jpg

Overall pictures right now.

FSX01.jpg

Country
denmark
Wow it really looks amazing.
Can I ask you about the ground textures tho?
I think it's sad to see this airport have such good model work, while the ground seems almost default?

Boaz.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Wow it really looks amazing.
Can I ask you about the ground textures tho?
I think it's sad to see this airport have such good model work, while the ground seems almost default?

Boaz.
I don't understand you question.
Do you mean ground poly? or the taxiway and runway? Neither of them is default texture.

It is not the same one that sell in Simmarket about 3 yrs. ago. It is all remake one.

Why don't take a look at previous page or take a look at this video. So you can get the overall picture. No default texture at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03mLwIbOacI

Country
denmark
Ok I am sorry to make it come out like that.
I did not mean that I thought you were actually using default textures.

Please don't take offense because none was meant.

Hope to buy your airport soon! Thank you for doing this airport, it is badly needed!

Take care
Boaz

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Some more screen shot. Water reflexion of papyrus in draining canal.
Water effect set to max, the frame rate goes to opposite direction. My core quad get 7 fps on this picture. But actual flying don't need to set up that high. Usually I get 10-20 with water effect to 1.0x.

waterreflexion01.jpg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Almost done. Some more screen shots. Hopefully it can be released within this month. Just some document left.
logo01copy.jpg

logo02copy.jpg

logo03copy.jpg

logo05u.jpg

Country
us-florida
Hi jtanabodee

I must say your work is awesome, is by all means a superior quality scenery, I congratulate you.

I had a question, how are sales when you have two separate products meaning one FS2004 and one FSX in comparison with flytampa and FSDT and others which release their products with the same price tag for both sims. I see you and some other developers do this, is this profitable? because some people really like to have for both sims and they don't like to buy 2 times one product. I heard people complain that the price of the scenery is twice for example your airports may be combined 40Euros but for a Flytampa scenery or FSDT for around 23 or 24 Euros, is it worth it doing it your way?

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Thanks you very much for your comment. I really appreciate that. I think I'm so new to on going double version of flightsim. I really don't know that people who fly FS9 also fly FSX. And I don't contact simmarket directly. My partner does it. I will tell him right away about this. May be a lot discount for FS9 purchaser.

Next time I will combine both version together as one.
Thanks again for your suggestion.

Country
us-florida
Thanks you very much for your comment. I really appreciate that. I think I'm so new to on going double version of flightsim. I really don't know that people who fly FS9 also fly FSX. And I don't contact simmarket directly. My partner does it. I will tell him right away about this. May be a lot discount for FS9 purchaser.

Next time I will combine both version together as one.
Thanks again for your suggestion.

Hi,

I don't know, but some developers such as Flytampa and FSDT they release it simultaneously perhaps that's the reason why they put it on the same price. But knowing you work differently as them, perhaps you re-work extensively everything and there are your 20 euros worth of a seperate FSX version which you deserve. However there are people such as Imaginesim that sell it separately because they release separately.

From what I have seen in the simmarket best sellers list is that some (not all) FSX sceneries sell weaker than the FS2004 version, when released separately.

All of this of course are my assumptions. What I really hope personally is that we developers phase out the FS2004 version altogether and focus on FSX because is a better platform for detail and graphics, I am sure most users who switch to FSX from FS2004 know this.

Continue your awesome work!

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I did what you said already. Take a look at Simmarket now. Sorry for any mistakes. Hope you enjoy your flight to Thailand in FSX world.

Country
us-florida
I did what you said already. Take a look at Simmarket now. Sorry for any mistakes. Hope you enjoy your flight to Thailand in FSX world.

Yes, awesome scenery. congrats!

I also see that you are in the best sellers lists.... I think is better for both the consumer and the developer...