• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Taxi signs not showing in FSX

Country
germany
I am using ADE Version 01.67.5684 to creat KORD with all runways taxiways etc. Everything shows fine in ADE (particular are taxiway signs Qty. 899). Have compiled everything without error including xml files. I now open the airport in FSX, get the scenery update notice but when I go to Kord ALL the taxi signs do not show, any help on this. The scenery is activated in the FSX Scenery library.

Country
germany
Have just reduced the taxi sign count in ADE from 899 to 200. Compiled, but did not save, and now they show in FSX. Maybe this has something to do with the limit on how many signs are allowed. How do I overcome this problem as these signs are needed at KORD.

Country
germany
Have just some more trials with this problem and it looks to me that the Taxi Sign cutoff point is about 805 signs. Could this be increased ?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
As far as I know we do not limit the count in ADE so it may be a compiler limitation. If so then we can't change that I think. However I just checked the SDK documenation and there is no reference to a limit. Neither is there an upper limit specified in the schema. That doesn't preclude an undocumented limit of course.

Country
us-southcarolina
Kevin, I have 504 various "taxi" (taxiway, hold short, directional, parking location, informational) at KSFO with no problems. Haven't got an answer for you though. So it should not be a limit. John

Country
newzealand
I have 888 at KORD, 850 at ZBAA, 743 at CYYZ and 679 at KJFK without a problem.............................
I wonder if there's an exclude problem here? is this the default/stock airport Kevin?

Country
germany
I am using, for my use only, a third party freeware scenery and trying to bring this up to date with the latest Charts. Could very well be an 'exclude' problem although I do not see how. I will try to bring the count down by deleting some non-important taxi signs but that is really no solution. Thanks all for your comments/suggestions.

GHD

Country
england
Did you examine each of the 899 taxi signs individually o_O

Here are some of the 910 signs at KORD. I haven't checked them all, but these are the ones I added:

Country
germany
Jon, I ran the scanner and only one airport KORD was found.
George. I have looked in the List/Taxi Signs and they are all, to the best of my knowledge, o/k. The List/Exclusions shows nil. I will now try to improve the stock airport to see if the problem lies with my Third Party attempt, although I think not as this is also from the stock KORD. It may have something to do with the Taxi Sign syntax I am using, to make them more readable I use the followin, Space/Arrow/Space/Letter/Space/Arrow/Space.

Country
norway
I am using ADE Version 01.67.5684 to creat KORD with all runways taxiways etc. Everything shows fine in ADE (particular are taxiway signs Qty. 899). Have compiled everything without error including xml files. I now open the airport in FSX, get the scenery update notice but when I go to Kord ALL the taxi signs do not show, any help on this. The scenery is activated in the FSX Scenery library.

Are you exporting a separate models file? Try to NOT export a separate models bgl.

Cheers,
:stirthepo