• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Terrain Texture BGL is overexposed in P3D v4.5

Country
netherlands
Hey all, I have a quick question I hope someone can help me with. I created a Terrain Texture (Eindhoven Airport EHEH) using a GeoTIFF and Resample.exe from the P3D SDK.

At first glance it looks fine when I check the output BGL in TmfViewer, colors look normal, although they could be more saturated perhaps:

But when I load it into P3D the colors shift dramatically, way lighter and more blue suddenly:

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? I've made some edits to the color but it keeps coming out very differently from what I'm seeing in Photoshop or TmfViewer.

Country
netherlands
In case anyone is wondering, here's my .INF file. Did I make a mistake in here?

[Source]
Type=MultiSource
NumberOfSources=2

[Source1]
Type=TIFF
Layer=Imagery
SourceDir="."
SourceFile="EHEH_4326_WGS84_Export.tif"
PixelIsPoint=0
ulxMap=5.343455884
ulyMap=51.47243555
xDim=3.5962375812045E-06
yDim=2.24732570393556E-06
Variation=Day
Channel_BlendMask=2.0

[Source2]
Type=BMP
Layer=None
SourceDir="."
SourceFile="EHEH_Blend_Mask.bmp"
PixelIsPoint=0
SamplingMethod=Gaussian
ulxMap=5.343455884
ulyMap=51.47243555
xDim=3.5962375812045E-06
yDim=2.24732570393556E-06

[Destination]
DestDir="."
DestBaseFileName="EHEH_4326_WGS84_Blend"
LOD=Auto

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Quite normal, this is simply due to the P3D and the HDR settings.

I would recommend to adjust the colours and brightness to P3D right from the beginning, so I'd rather create a darker picture...