• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Texture Paint on multiple objects

OK, I have found that I can easily create textures on imported msfs gltf and drawing across different objects - i.e. wings and ailerons - is possible by using the "Join" command. As long as the objects are on the same texture sheet that is.

I have now come across a DAE (Collada) model where fuselage tail cone and doors are on the same texture sheet, but I can't even paint a straight line along the "joined" fuselage. Blender seems only interested in the last object I clicked on. So I can't even do a straight line let alone a stencil over the object joints.

I am only using Blender as an Art Tool, not for making my own 3D models so I may be misunderstanding a lot here.

Perhaps the question should be how do I join multiple elements to make one single paintable "lump"?

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
You would need to UV unwrap the aircraft again. Recreate it again so that all islands are on the same UV. That is if I understand you correctly.

My bad - I don't speak the right language I guess... I did not create the model myself. It is the Airbus H135 by HPG - they provide the paintkit with a collada (DAE) model. I can mark doors, tail boom, main body individually but I can't paint them as one item. In an msfs gltf model I can join items. So I need some way of joining thes bits as a collada single entity

AHHHHH!!! Found It!

Save the collada as gltf 2.0 and then go for a new blender model and import the gltf 2.0. That allows joining of objects and now I can paint a livery across the whole model onto one texture