Textures Not Displaying in MCX

Pulling my hair out a little bit here. I've installed FSX and MCX on a new computer, but when loading models I can't for the life of me get MCX to display the textures; they just show up as the black and white checkered pattern. For example, I import the default airport_objects.bgl library from the Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Scenery folder. All of the textures are obviously in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture folder, but none of the textures display on the objects in MCX; just black and white checkerboards.

I'm using MCX v 1.3.0.0 and Windows 10 64 bit. I've verified that my FSX path is correct, the ImageTool path is correct, and downloaded the latest .NET framework. Also tried moving the .bgl file directly into the folder with the textures to see if that would help, but still no dice. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Scott

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Scott,

That's weird. For sure if the bgl is in the texture folder they should be found. And with the default texture search path they should also be found from the scenery folder.

Have you tried the development release? Version 1.3 is getting a bit old.