• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Thai Creation's Macau FSX

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi,
Thai Creation asked me to convert this Macau 2004 to FSX version. It is quite nice but some problem still need to be solved. May be I'll show you some progress here.

vmmc03.jpg

vmmc01.jpg

vmmc02.jpg

Hope I'll get this done soon.
Regards,
Tic

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Excellent work!!!....those bridges will have traffic on them?

I tried that but it didn't work. The traffic can go along the flat part of the bridge but it does not follow the curve upward. Sometime it goes upward but does not match the curve of the bridge.
May be I have to switch to animation instead. But it will make fps lower, I think. Will try that later.

Country
argentina
if helps, i used FSX_KML to create the traffic above a bridge. Then i have my bridge and the defualt traffic on him :D

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Tic,

If there is a platform on the bridge the traffic should work. But the bridge needs to be placed with scale 1, else the traffic is floating or sinking.

Send from my phone using Tapatalk, so excuse the short sentences and possible typos

Country
spain
Yes I guess have to do with hard surface, scale 1 mean that not have scaling ? i guess Have you seen how the bridges reflect themshelf on the water ?

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
If there is a platform on the bridge the traffic should work. But the bridge needs to be placed with scale 1, else the traffic is floating or sinking.

Now I know what is the problem. You are absolutely right, Arno. The model has scale in XML placement. I didn't notice that since it is not my project at the beginning.
Because I have been working on other people's projects. I find that some projects have less accuracy in modelling regarding to size. I'm thinking of making a tutorial about this. "Acuracy is the best Policy" would be the title.

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I only know it after I tried to add traffic to all bridges in our Dutch scenery. Many also had a wrong scale, that I needed to correct.

Send from my phone using Tapatalk, so excuse the short sentences and possible typos

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the comments. I got the traffic on the bridges now. I don't know the traffic in Macau if they keep left or right so I make it left like Hong Kong. If you know this just tell me. I hope they are on the left not right or else I'm wrong. :D

vmmctraffic05.jpg

vmmctraffic02.jpg

vmmctraffic.jpg

The last picture is difficult. It need to be done very accurate so the traffic does not hit on the wall of the posts in the middle of the bridge.

Country
china
Nice pictures! Macau drives on the left while most vehicles we see in mainland cities with Macau license are equipped with steering wheels on the left...:eek:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Thanks God. I did the right thing. It is because HK and Macau are so closed and cars are often imported from HK which is left hand drive. Macau does not follow the Portuguese colony rule.

Country
hongkong
Thumb up from Macau

:cool:As a native of Macau, I am so impressed and grateful that the plugin no only re-creates the scene of Macau, but also the Mood of Macau. Night texture is the greatest and top of all avaialbe Macau scenery Addon.

Know you are doing the exciting version trans work (FS2004--> FSX), but still wonder if you have chance to ADD a couple important NEW (and old) landmarks of Macau

1. The Government Building (a pink Portuguese style building in the southern lakeside)
2. Macao Science Center (a new landmark of Macau along the seaside architected by I. M. Pei) - this NEW landmark of Macau is NOT appearing in any available Macau scenery addon (not in Samsoft or MFSG).
3. St. Paul ruin which used to (and may still) be the most famous landmark of Macau.

If you need the locations, I would be more than happy to share. Anyway ... a big thumb up and appreciation to your great work ... from one of your Fans from Macau!!:)

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Thanks for your comment, geomacau. I think I can do those buildings that you request. There is still some texture area left to fit in those objects.
I have some more pictures.

Macau City. Some of these buildings are new. I lost count all the buildings. But the whole city is in one Gmax file and only one texture sheet. Please see the fps. My computer is average one not so fast.

NorthIsland.jpg

The island detail of the runway. The stone texture is the real thing from one picture at Airliners.net

stoneisland.jpg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Upon your request, Science Center model is done. Texture need to be done later.

ScienceCenter.jpg

I added bump mapping to the stone edge of the island. Looks pretty good, I think. Some static wave make it blend nicely with the sea.

stoneisland2.jpg

Last edited:
Country
hongkong
U make Macau a better place

Wonderful work Jtanabodee,
Can't wait to see the texture added. :)

Thank you for making Macau a better place, and more 2012 appeal!

like x 100 :p

Look foward ... !!!