The I am working on thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the Falcon comes the RV-4.

Started properly on 29 July (some work on 25th to get the basics in place). Made partly as an escape from home decorating, which can get tedious!

Its a simple model, just for AI. Animated crew (Tick18 - not responding to control inputs or anything fancy).

Slideshow of the following two images.

Textured-mapped in a couple of hours this evening.

Things still to be done: Texturing inside the cockpit, texturing of intakes in the "hamster cheeks" each side of the nose. Fixing a problem where the bar around the canopy isn't visible on the far side (might take a while, not seen this one before). Mapping fuselage top from above (to allow painters to add/remove the canopy runner if the canopy is a side-hinged one). XML to make the crew disappear when the aircraft is inactive, still having problems with this.

Probably several variants again: Spats/nospats, 2 or 3-blade props, angled wingtips on some models. Those options alone make 8 variants once the permutations are done.

Edit: Or perhaps not the raked tips after all, they seem to be on the RV-8s! Simplifies the job!

Last edited:
CustomDraw fs9gps:Map Guidebook

I'm working on a guidebook for CustomDraw Map. It will be a companion to the FS9GPS Module Guidebook. Some people, like the gauge-types, might find it interesting.

Bob

I have been abroad for two month, without any Max, Photoshop and FSX. End of last week I came back and had really mood to start over again. I picked up a project I wanted to do for some time already: The Fokker D. VIII.
About 2.5 days of work:

Kai

Skyhighsim is working on a new version of LYBE Belgrade Airport for FSX and P3D...

Hope You'll enjoy flying to Serbia soon. ;)

Last edited:
Some early work on my 737 center-console.

Surprisingly low poly in the scale of things, however the textures really bring out the detail.

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Could you also show a render that includes edges? Would be interesting to see how few polys you needed to achieve that stunning result. :)

Working on LIME Bergamo Orio al Serio

Time ago I made most of the buildings of LIME for FlightGear, with Blender ... now trying to transfer them to FSX (to which I switched in october 2012).

Download is available (preliminary, as is now) at:

MY BLOG

Updating will be done from time to time

Could you also show a render that includes edges? Would be interesting to see how few polys you needed to achieve that stunning result. :)
Please do keep in mind it is work in progress and a lot will change between now and the final result, but here's a quick comparison of things anyway.

n4gix

Resource contributor
It appears as though you made good use of the Pro-Boolean tool when making those lovely sculptured knobs! :cool:

I also like the way you've un-folded and flattened the sub-panel's edges...

Last edited:
It appears as though you made good use of the Pro-Boolean tool when making those lovely sculptured knobs! :cool:

I also like the way you've un-folded and flattened the sub-panel's edges...
Thanks Bill. It made sense to map it that way to avoid seams, I can't stand seeing obvious edges! It also cuts down on the amount of texture verts a little bit compared to other methods.

n4gix

Resource contributor
I believe it also cuts down on the complexity of texturing seamlessly as well...

...but, we are straying now in to areas beyond the remit of this forum's purpose. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.