• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

The KLN90B for FSX/Prepar3d in beta.

Country
poland
Hello!
Unfortunately I've still got CTD. I wasn't able to make even one flight without crashing KLN. It seems to me that there is something wrong with D/T section. For example I always got crash when I load flight plan, set SID, select to Super-nav 5 (on both selectors NAV5) and selecting later right knob to D/T it crashes FSX. I just checked and it looks that it crashes in version 0.77B and also latest 0.79B.
My KLN90B.CONF
[INTERFACE]
KOHLSMAN=1 ; Do we read the Altimeter settings?
APHDG=1 ; Do we drive the AP heading in HDG mode with NAV/GPS on GPS?
OBSIN=0 ; Do we read the NAV1 OBS setting?
OBSOUT=0 ; Can we set the NAV1 OBS setting?
AIRDATA=1 ; Can we read air data from the interface?
FUEL=1 ; Can we read fuel data from the interface?

[KLN90B]
FONT=0 ; 0=Lucida Console (default) 1=Terminus (must be installed on box)
NAVDATA=4 ; Navigation data package number (0-4)
; 0: no external navigation database
; 1: traditional PTT database (no transitions)
; 2: "EADT KLN 90B" pack
; 3: "PSS Airbus/Boeing/Dash" pack
; 4: "vasFMC Flight Management" pack
NAVDIR=D:\Gry\Flight Simulator X\KLN90B\NavData ; Navigation data directory
RUNWAYS=1 ; 0=load only hard surface runways, 1=all runways
ILSFREQ=0 ; 0=do not load ILS frequency data, 1=load ILS frequencies
TC=170754
TB=986895

[DEBUG]
LOGFNAME=D:\Gry\Flight Simulator X\KLN90B\debug.dat ; Debug file name. Comment out if no debug is needed.

I've used vasfmc navdata and even EADT KLN with same result.
Edit: It also crashes after setting sid and star into flight plan.
Edit2: Definitely there is something wrong with D/T section it always crashes there for me after I load SID and STAR into flight plan.

Last edited:
Country
grenada
This is such a great addition to FSX/P3D. Units like this and a Garmin 165 TSO have been sorely missing. They are great for older aircraft.

Country
france
Hello :)
Yesterday, I downloaded and installed a plane I wanted for a while but I have a major issues with it...by looking of the internet, I was redirected to your your topic (I only typed the few words of my error message (which match the "BetaTester" error messages I saw)

Before you ask, Yes, there are KLN90 files in this addon:

upload_2017-4-2_16-27-45.png

This is my error
an24 1.PNG

an24 2.PNG

Ok, Exception Occured "k" won't help you, but sometime the show the complete message about "Could not load gauge etc" (this is haw I was linked to your topic)

I don't know if and where to find the solution in this thread...

I use FSX Steam Edition
AN24 is a must have to my hangar, I love Soviet planes :) (people tend to say that Im crazy lol)

Kind Regards, Marc

Country
czechrepublic
Hello,
I've installed KLN version 0.77B, but when i turn it on it says "NO APT WAYPOINTS", "NO VOR WAYPOINTS" etc.
This is what my config file looks like. Where did i make a mistake?
kln.png

Country
russia
Dutch, thank you for your wonderful KLN-90B. I've been using it quite extensively throughout 2015 and 2016. However some time in the end of 2016 it stopped updating database (I used old version which only had ISEC.txt file as a possible data source).

I found this topic and updated KLN with your latest 079B version, which you posted on the previous page. I tried all possible database sources, even disabled them (=0), still no luck and showing "Database error".

Here is my .cnf file:

[INTERFACE]

[KLN90B]
FONT=4 ; 0=Lucida Console (default) 1=Terminus (must be installed on box)
NAVDATA=0 ; Navigation data package number (0-4)
NAVDIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\KLN90B\navdata ; Navigation data

directory
ILSFREQ=0 ; 0=do not load ILS frequency data, 1=load ILS frequencies
TC=170754
TB=986895

[DEBUG]
LOGFNAME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\KLN90B\debug.dat

As you can see, I enabled debugging but the file is empty (I run FSX as admin, have UAC disabled and so on).

Win version is 8.1, FSX deluxe edition (non-steam).

Could you please give any advice?

Thank you

Country
unitedkingdom
hi all . am looking at this gauge and love what it can do . could there de a p3d v4 dll version uploaded and update to the github files .thanks for the hard work and this gauge working .

i am also looking for tutorials to create dll and xml gauges . have found various xml tutorials but not many dll . i have no expience eith progrsming so am looking for newbi information .

thanks for any advice and help

Country
azerbaijan
I'd like to download and test this unit but reading through the pages I get confused as to which version is the latest and, most importantly, where I can download it. Any help?
Btw, Dutch, thank you very much indeed!!!

Country
unitedkingdom
hi to download , download the link on page 1 at the start then the update on page 6 . version 79b , copy the dll to the gauges folder over writing the old version i think that is it .

Country
spain
Recently downloaded and working fine here. You have to have an earlier versión to install the last one 079b. working on Fsx Accel don't know how it could work y prepard3d. Working right now in the Il 76 MD and working great, liking this Little Gps, as something courious I was getting crashing near the arrivals airports then I noticed that an older versión was in the panel folder of the aircraft. They warning about install the Kln90 for the Il76 work but nothing about that older versión in the panel folder.
Though I not use Sid/Star by now I noticed I not have the Cnf file just Ptt_apt; Ptt_ndb , etc..
I got an altitude alert (which in IL76 not exist) thanks to the Kln90
Edit: rectification. IL76 have an altitud alerter in a Little box in the radio altimeter. but no a prealert of altitudes as mostly aircraft.

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Hello All,

I'm 1 day old on this Forum. I've been Simming for about 10yrs. 13,000+hrs on VATSIM® Network as a pilot. I'm also a Controller at CZVR FIR Vancouver, BC - VATCAN®. My gaming rig is running FSX Acceleration under Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. Clearly, if I'm on this Forum, I'm hooked on the Tu-154B. But that's not the issue. The issue is with the KLN90B implementation.
===============================================================================================
FSX Accel freezes (Not Responding) when I select "Show/Hide" from FSX's Add-ons menu pull-down.
===============================================================================================

• Tu-154B2... upgraded from v1.1 FSX & P3D to v1.3... then v1.3.1. NOTE: I am able to fly the plane and run FSX as long as I do not attempt to run the KLN90B
  • Im running the KLN90B_v0.79B_release_test version... started with KLN90B_v0.76B... followed the KLN90B_v0.77B upgrade instructions... then applied the (kln90b.dll) from KLN90B_v0.79B_test
  • I'm using EADT KLN90B AIRAC from Navigraph release 1713 rev.1 (current)... I've maintained a paid subscription at Navigraph for years
  • Paid FSUIPC release (latest)
Here are my observations...

1. in VC... then call up the KLN90B... the rectangle (KLN90B) is at lower right corner of screen... it's totally GREY/BLANK
  2. in 2D main panel (default startup)... then call up the KLN90B... the KLN90B DOES NOT show
  3. in EXTERNAL SPOT VIEW... then call up the KLN90B... the KLN90B - same lower right corner of screen position - shows as a normal pop-up

=========================================================================================================================
My .CNF file contents... NOTE: The NavData is pointing correctly to the location of AIRAC 1713 rev.1...
=========================================================================================================================
[INTERFACE]

[KLN90B]
FONT=0 ; 0=Lucida Console (default) 1=Terminus (must be installed on box)
NAVDATA=2 ; Navigation data package number (0-4)
NAVDIR=D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\KLN90B\NavData\ ; Navigation data directory

ILSFREQ=1 ; 0=do not load ILS frequency data, 1=load ILS frequencies
TC=170754
TB=986895

[DEBUG]
LOGFNAME=D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\KLN90B\debug.dat ; Debug file name. Comment out if no debug is needed.

• NOTE: A debug.dat file is never created
  • Using a CrashDebug Utility (WhatIsHang), below is the results of the crash.

Hope someone can decipher this Crash Report below. The last line of the DUMP points to -> 09600000 - 0960A000 D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\KLN90B\Programs\GaugeSound.DLL. I dunno if that is meaningful? Anyway.
Hang report for D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Generated by using WhatIsHang on 12/9/2017 4:26:08 PM
Web site: http://www.nirsoft.net

Remarks:
* The program hangs in a single system call. You can look in the call stack and stack data to find out which API function cause this hang.

Strings found in the stack:
(L:at_pult_speed_wheel, number) 10 *

Living Airport model and container lists
Afx:01000000:803:00010005:00000000:00000000
T$DRPVÿ$
C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows\system;C:\Windows;
!This program cannot be run in DOS mode.$
C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6229_none_cbee8c4a4710d003\MFC80.DLL
Winsta0\Default
C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\GameExplorer\{9586E014-8183-4523-A30A-29967B500FA4}\PlayTasks\0\Play.lnk
Segoe UI

I AM UNABLE TO INCLUDE THE ENTIRE DUMP - THE POST IS TOO LONG. If someone knows how I can get that dump uploaded to whomever, please let me know.

Thank you all and a Happy Holiday Season,

Keith

Country
unitedarabemirates
Morning All,
I need some help on a strange issue with this great navigation instrument.
I am running an Ausus gaming laptop with Win10 and FSX SP2. I have installed the Il-76 package from Rikoooo (Varnivsky) and updated the gauge to latest beta version 0.79B manually. Since ever I have never been able to transfer the default MS flight plan onto the KLN90 gauge (FPL0). I tried bot the old method, via menu, and thru the instructions supplied since the code was manipulated by Dutch. Neither worked for me. The gauge itself works fine, I have input the data manually for a 30 points flight plan and the bird followed the plan smoothly until the end. So my only concern is that I cannot transfer the flight plan automatically and every time I have to input data manually which is a huge time consuming job.
I have used three different Airac packages but no differences (Vas, PT and no package)
I have even uninstalled the Il-76 pack, installed PT Tu-154-B3 ver 1.03 for FSX, updated the gauge to bet. 0.76 but nope, flight pan did not transfer over.
I found on Avsim.su a flight plan converter but that neither worked.
My questions are:

Do you think potentially this issue has something to do with Simconnect ?

Can this issue related to the fact I am operating under Win10 ?

Btw, if you wonder I have switched off the UAC to prevent issues with the ownership of the files.
I have also the latest version of FSUIPC freeware.

Anyone willing to answer on this ?
Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks - Regards
Rhino.

Country
spain
have you deleted the Kln90 file inside the panel folder?. I have flight that bird. My problem in this case was that in arriving to the destiny airport fsx frozen and stopped the game. the above solved the issue. but it seem you have not that problem. Right now can't remember if I loaded some flight plan

Edit: I have checked the Gps, it load the flight plan but the autopilot no follow the plan. Not sure what happen right now. it's time ago I haven't fly in Fsx.

Last edited:
Country
unitedarabemirates
have you deleted the Kln90 file inside the panel folder?. I have flight that bird. My problem in this case was that in arriving to the destiny airport fsx frozen and stopped the game. the above solved the issue. but it seem you have not that problem. Right now can't remember if I loaded some flight plan

Edit: I have checked the Gps, it load the flight plan but the autopilot no follow the plan. Not sure what happen right now. it's time ago I haven't fly in Fsx.

Thanks Bernardo,
Yes I deleted KLN90B file from the panel folder when I realized the panel was using a file which was not the one I updated, but although now it loads on the panel the correct file (0.79B) it keeps not transferring the FPL. I confirm that if you input all waypoints manually the AP follows the plan smoothly. no issues with that. My problem is that I need to input data manually all times, it takes half of the fun out of the sim....

Country
spain
I have seen the fsx flight plan show in the KNl90 screen, it load the FP but I can't make the autopilot work in Gps mode. Anyway we can fly with interial system IN21, it's an option :cool:
Edit: Lastly I got autopilot work with Gps, I "think" it follwed the route, but it's all very weird, it's not very accurate at all, have an offset of some miles, and sometimes it's difficult Gps load the intended Flight Plan.

Last edited:
Country
unitedarabemirates
I have seen the fsx flight plan show in the KNl90 screen, it load the FP but I can't make the autopilot work in Gps mode. Anyway we can fly with interial system IN21, it's an option :cool:
Edit: Lastly I got autopilot work with Gps, I "think" it follwed the route, but it's all very weird, it's not very accurate at all, have an offset of some miles, and sometimes it's difficult Gps load the intended Flight Plan.

Did you align the gyros before leaving ground ?
That may be the issue there.
Hope this helps

Anyone has idea about the impossibility to load fpl ?

Country
spain
Yes it could be, because I load the aircraft just for the test. but don't should be, gps is another thing
how Do you try to load the flight plan?

Country
unitedarabemirates
I mentioned that on my original post. It won’t work neither via PT menu on the top of the screen nor pressing enter key while on FPL0 page which is the new recommended method since the KLN project passed to Dutch after PT.

Country
spain
IL 76 and KLN90.jpg

Working right now. it seem the alligning of gyros make the difference. Initially the Gps show a fligh plan from an earlier flight, I load the new created flight plan via the top menú (the enter key method work too), just that.

Last edited:
Country
australia
Hi guys
I just downloaded and installed the Antonov an-24rv which I believe that this KLN came with originally. The KLN works fine with this aircraft. When I copied the window reference into the default Baron panel.cfg, all I get is a rectangular coloured box. I have copied the gau and dll files into the Baron panel folder. I have attached 2 jpeg's showing the problem. I am running P3D 4.1 on Windows 10 64bit.
1519624582939.png

1519624642967.png

Any help greatly appreciated.
John

Last edited: