• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Tip - Add or Remove a Vertex

Country
argentina
Just posted a question relating to that...
An idea that might help in the future would be vertex based 3 point arcs that would stay tangent to its conecting lines..
First click places one end, say a vertex of a line, end point of arc and last vertex defines the curvature...
have a great day!

Of course, a Béziers curve kind of helper would solve the problem and as Jon said just a while ago:
"It is on the list for the next features update Roby" ;).
(Oops that latest reply of his dates back to the 16th of April 2014:)).

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Nice try Roby :) It is still on the list.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No. Unless I forgot l did it.

Could I request it please? I am proposing these suggestions from a scenery developer perspective as it will assist greatly in developing new polygons etc.

Shez

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Why is that better than ctrl +click? Since you would have to place the cursor over the point anyway. It is either use the ctrl key or another one.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
And to add a new one in a new poly it is just a single click

The way I do it is by connecting to the aircraft via FSUIPC and slew the plane around and placing the vertices. This way I get a very good placement to match the photoreal ground underneath. For this I have to keep shifting in between the two programs and clicking ADE at the spot of the aircraft. If I could just place the cursor at the spot of the aircraft and press the key it will be easier as sometimes I struggle with the placement of the mouse just on the line.

Shez

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
So you mean a key stroke in FS not in ADE? You can use the M key in sim to place a marker where you want it. Then go into ADE and 'join the dots' to form your poly.

Well if we could have a key in FS which could place a vertex at that point in ADE that would be fantastic! However, I was saying the key stroke would be in ADE.

Maybe I miscommunicated this earlier or misunderstood the thread from earlier. The m key works too for polygons but I was interested in aprons not ground polys.

Shez

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Poly is a generic term of any closed object of three or more vertex points so that covers aprons as well as terrain polys and custom ground polys.

Understood but they are two separate processes in FS from what I understand so wanted to clarify.