• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Tip: Loading Shortcut

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I assume that since this is in the SDK still that it is OK to mention it. There is a way to bypass the opening screens. In the bin folder of the SDK is a small file called fsdevmodelauncher.exe. Make a shortcut to it and when you click it FS2020 should start faster (although still not very fast on my machine.

Country
canada
For the steam version you can right click properties > launch options and add -fastlaunch to the startup options.

Country
us-california
apologies upfront my OCD is acting up,
this is incomplete until someone figures out how to include the icon for modern app, it is using logo.png as seen in shell:appsfolder :)

meanwhile here's a standalone .ico file that can be used with any shortcut,

Attachments

• Logo.rar
    27.4 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
apologies upfront my OCD is acting up,
this is incomplete until someone figures out how to include the icon for modern app, it is using logo.png as seen in shell:appsfolder :)

meanwhile here's a standalone .ico file that can be used with any shortcut,

Country
germany
I created a ready lnk File for you. Only download and unzip.

Due to the C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe running as Admin in the lnk the windows DEFEDER or other Scanners will pop up.
You may control this save content, before you start it.

The greazy thing is on several PCs the path may be different. Neversless it seems to work, seems to repair the right path!
I am waiting for your testing answers!

Attachments

• MSFS Faststart.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Country
poland
Is there any way to start the simulator from a saved flight?

Just had the same thought here.
Waiting for "Checking for updates", then selecting the airport manually, setting daytime and weather, loading again, swtiching to dev-mode...

...really isn't straight forward for quick checks on changes that require a reboot of the sim (basically everything that's not related to modelling without changed textures...).

There's still no known way around this?

Country
us-northdakota
Its nice not to have to listen to the cinematic sounds when opening the sim. I get on about 2 minutes quicker.

Thanks

Country
australia
I checked the difference and on my PC (reasonable fast - i7 9700K cpu with 16Gb RAM) running fsdevmodelauncher.exe resulted in the 'checking for updates' coming up 25 seconds (approx) faster. The splash screens for Asobo and Black... did not appear. I guess 25 seconds is a saving although is this only for running MSFS in Devmode or is it ok when just running MSFS for a flight?

Country
germany
Ive used this shortcut since months but since the last 2 updates or something it wont start anymore, doing this. I have this in my shortcut

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

Any idea why? Nothing changed in the path. It runs up to "checking for updates" and then it crashes.

Country
germany
Ive used this shortcut since months but since the last 2 updates or something it wont start anymore, doing this. I have this in my shortcut

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

Any idea why? Nothing changed in the path. It runs up to "checking for updates" and then it crashes.
Is the "Standard Link" still working or does it also crash? If you have a NVIDIA card make sure not to use 497.09 driver which leads to crashes, blue artifacts and other strange issues.
And also check in Microsoft Store for pending updates.