• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Tired of sharing my creations

Country
japan
If it's about the unpermitted modders matter.
I can feel the same.
Specially for the FS2020 guys.
So decided not to release any more new model for FSX.
Since FSX model can be used at FS2020.
Feel bad for FSX users but that is the only thing I could do in the end.

If want something in the world which you love, make it from zero , not using others guys work without permissions.

Country
australia
You are tired of sharing your creations? Then maybe stop making or sharing your creations. I do not get this attitude at all. I have developed freeware in the past, but don't anymore. I was happy when anything was downloaded. I developed what I wanted to see that had not been produced, and always had the thought that I hoped people were enjoying my developments if they downloaded them. Above that, I had no expectations. Honestly, if you are thinking what you wrote, your expectations are way too high, particularly if you have just started developing for MSFS. SO many devs in this community seem to have the glass half empty mentality, be it payware or freeware. If you don't like developing, then stop developing. No one is forcing you.

Country
unitedkingdom
It should be mainly about satisfying yourself. If it pleases other people then great.

I've seen some creators get angry if they don't receive any donations. If that's important to them they should be charging money instead.

There's no way of telling how a mod will be received. For some people who download it it might be of vague interest and they'll try it in a few months, for others it's the one they've been waiting months for. There's no requirement from them to have any emotional investment.

I do find it mind boggling how mindless some downloaders are. Your description can be one instruction in letters three metres high and they still won't read it.

What'll get me to quit in the end will be the never ending battle against sim updates. When I got rolling I did not expect the potential for total destruction every few weeks. My patience is wearing ever thinner with that.

Country
australia
I've seen some creators get angry if they don't receive any donations. If that's important to them they should be charging money instead.

The worst case of this I have seen recently is the guy who modded MSFS to make the taxi arrows smaller. It started as freeware, but then he started limiting access to the later versions to people who donated more than $5 USD. This really annoys me, and it did many others. The guy has since pulled the file completely, citing the haters who were complaining about the donations. It actually annoys me that on the Flightsim.to website it has become a "donation economy". A donation should be appreciated if it is received but not expected. When someone goes on about the hours and hours they have spent doing some repaints and basically requesting donations it has become a joke, especially when in the past so many others have spent hundreds or thousands of hours to give to the community simply in the spirit of giving and being creative.

Country
unitedkingdom
I haven't seen much whining about donations, but there have been a few I've noticed. It seems to be more high volume stuff like liveries. Flightsim.to have been pretty good about stopping attempts to make payware by another name.

If it's your creation then I guess you're free to be as arsey as you want, but don't be surprised if other people are not impressed.

Country
japan
I think making it to a payware plan won't work.
Modded and share by membership or hided inside a Discord is happening.

Also this happened too , ripped off to 3DS -> Sold at 3D Data market.
It happened to payware model in the past.

I feel morale is broken.

Last edited:

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I have fun making things for developers. Every once in a while I release a scenery that is more a portfolio, then a destination. It is fun to know that nearly every simmer has seen my work. It is already fully paid for, so any comments, suggestions, or complaints, can only possibly result in more work for me and only if I want it.

I think making it to a payware plan won't work.
Modded and share by membership or hided inside a Discord is happening.

Also this happened too , ripped off to 3DS -> Sold at 3D Data market.
It happened to payware model in the past.
Thankfully, I never worry about such things. Ultimately, it is a matter of attitude and I prefer an attitude of confident gratitude.

I have done so well, for the effort exerted, that they can have the extra. In fact, please, do share away. I love the exposure. There are enough good, sound and moral people in this world, that when they see someone running a pirated version of my software, they usually purchase a copy and since the pirates would have never paid, because my software isn't THAT good - it is a win win. Free advertising.

Tell us, does Da Vinci sweat knock off's of Mona Lisa? Banksy freak out over counterfeits?

Country
finland
I agree with most of what has been said above. I have been making sceneries for 20 years, only freeware. Because it is fun and rewarding to learn and to see the results. I publish because I hope that people will get a better idea about my part of the world. Yes, it is countless hours, but it is hours of enjoyment (well, every now and then you're hitting your head against the wall... 🤭). If somebody else can enjoy the results of my hobby, then I am satisfied. I don't mind about the lack of comments and I know from my real life that readme-files and manuals are seldom read... That's human ...
Just continue enjoying. Moving into payware production means a lot more need for support and testing and patching, so I will keep to freeware. 🙂

Country
finland
And a HUGE thanks to all resource contributors and supportive members on this forum that makes this possible!

Country
france
Thank you all for your wise comments.
As you said, i should produce mods at first for me, because this is a place i like.
Sharing with the community is a bonus ! Thank all that do this sharing, because it makes FS2020 an amazing game...

Country
unitedkingdom
I think the upcoming sim update will the decider for me.

If it blows everything apart again, and judging by the panic from developers who are using the pre launch version this will be the most ruinous update by a country mile, then that'll be it for me.