• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 TmfViewer

Country
italy
I have installed both Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.3.29.25520 and Flight Simulator X SDK \ SDK SP2 and there is a strange problem with the association of BGL (terrain mesh) files.

When I click on a bgl it is automatically associated with the tmfviewer of FSX SDK 10.0.61472.0. Then I wanted to change so as to associate the opening of the file to the tmfviewer of P3D (4.3.29.25520).

I can not change this setting, the P3D tmfviewer can not be associated.

Do you have any suggestions? Can you check to see if you have the same problem?

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hi,

If your are on Windows 7 or Windows 10, click on the BGL, and browse to "open with" select your good version and click on "always ...".
I am French dev. so my Windows is in French language so I cannot be sure of the item in your GUI.

Country
italy
Thnks for your time. I also did this .... but I can set the tmfviewer of P3D. I think of a bug in the related exe file. then you try if your system works?

Country
italy
Thanks to an intuition of Dick "rhumbaflappy" has hit the mark!

Of course this is a limitation of W7. Having both installed the version of FSX and the version of P3D, keep in association the first tmfviewer (FSX). Renaming one of the two indifferently, in this case I renamed the tmfviewer (P3D) in tmfviewer_P3Dv43, you can also bet on the tmfviewer of P3D.

As you can see in the attached photo now in Open with ... I can choose the version. The displayed name and the signature are associated by W7 which read them in the properties of the relative tmfviewer file.

Yours sincerely

Attachments

• MiG_042.jpg
    MiG_042.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 459
  • MiG_043.jpg
    MiG_043.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 575